New Acquisitions for November 2006!

Well, I can finally say that I bought a gun this month!

Colt 1908

Colt1908.jpg

Looks EXACTLY like mine. What's the last patent date on the slide?

Mine is 1917, and from research on the serial number that was the DOB [smile]

We'll have to go make some VERY tiny holes in things sometime.

I just found this quote:
"... carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you." -Col Jeff Cooper

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Looks EXACTLY like mine. What's the last patent date on the slide?

Mine is 1917, and from research on the serial number that was the DOB [smile]

We'll have to go make some VERY tiny holes in things sometime.

I just found this quote:
"... carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you." -Col Jeff Cooper

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

The last date is 1910! I'll have to call Colt at some point and get a DOB.

Yes, we will shoot soon! Great quote [wink]

heres my latest...

11_11_9.jpg

preban colt hbar match sporter

Only thing better than free beer is free guns.

and while i was at it...figured id get a pic of the rifle with the free beer i got this past week

11_11_1.jpg

11_11_3.jpg

and just when you think you cant get anymore free beer...

11_11_0-2.jpg

Ok... not a gun... but still fits here I think. This is the photo from Dick's but the one I have in my truck right now is identical.

Next week I'll be adding the 4 guns I'm picking up [smile]

Not sure my wife knows fully what she is in for yet... but she didn't blink when I went for the bigger safe so... [wink]

My November acquisition was at the end of October, does it count? I did pick up 1,000 rounds of .22 and 100 of .40 S&W White Box ammo at Walmart today. I'm going to be in the market for a .22 pistol, but I don't know exactly when. Then again, my wife did ask me what I want for our anniversary. <G>

Gary

Are those wine coolers I see in the crisper?!?

obviously!!!!!

haha no...its lil bottles of sutterhome wine...left over from ex girlfriend

i have one every now and then when im home alone...ill light a candle...put on vanessa carlton and jump in a bubble bath[rofl]

The Deval made me do it. Pt.1

My new SAR-1. Just picked this & a couple of 30-round mags up yesterday.

Tried her out today with Tele_Mark & drgrant this am in the fog at No. Leominster Sportsman's range.
I learned a couple things.

1. What "trigger slap" is.[thinking]
2. I have a knack for bump firing.[smile]
3. When bump firing, keep your thumb down ![rolleyes]

Stay tuned for "The Deval made me do it. Pt.2"

Yup! Good day! I got to try out a lot of different guns today, which is always good. What I learned:

1) No. Leominster apparently has good humor as far as the sounds of full auto on the pistol range are concerned!
2) I like AR's and the.223 (my first time firing one today, thanks DR!)
3) If you don't regularly shoot, even for a month or two, your skill level drops off at least logarithmically.
4) A CZ-52 would be a scary gun to carry into afight, with it's funky mag release mechanism , but the enemy would probably be long gone after the first shot, hit or not.
5) Ruger 22/45's with red dot sights are stupid fun -- must purchase soon!
6) You never get totally used to being right next to a Mosin Nagant while trying to hit your own targets!

My new SAR-1. Just picked this & a couple of 30-round mags up yesterday.

Tried her out today with Tele_Mark & drgrant this am in the fog at No. Leominster Sportsman's range.
I learned a couple things.

1. What "trigger slap" is.[thinking]
2. I have a knack for bump firing.[smile]
3. When bump firing, keep your thumb down ![rolleyes]

Stay tuned for "The Deval made me do it. Pt.2"

I hear ya on the "Trigger Slap" My SAR-1 does the same thing. After a while of shooting it, it can actually start to hurt some. Hummm, I may have to try a home gunsmith trigger job. That could get interesting.

this month

Picked up a AR DPMS 308 Heavy barrel ( picked it up this month..... it was on back order....does this count????
Fulton Armory Garand ( was also order many months ago )
Ruger 45 Model 6648
Ruger 357
Enfield U.S. property marked Savage Arms
1970 M39 Nagant
Hows my wallet.........dont ask!!!!

K-Var, Tapco, Red Star arms.
Some can be pricey but ya get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Alrighty... these are my first purchases.

All from a buddy of mine who is getting ride of all but 1 of his guns... sad I know.

But... these went to a good home [smile]

FIE Miami Derringer .38

"Ranger" 101 12 (or Steven's Model 39) 410 gage. It needs a little work, but appears to be in fine shooting condition. Missing the butt plate.

Springfield Arms .22, single shot bolt action. very old (possibly 1930's) No model number stamped anywhere. Only a very small circle with a 25 in it. Not sure what that is though. The stock has a "lame" carving in it that was done by my friends unlce when his uncle was about 12... when he got the rifle. But in perfect working order.

Ruger P85, 9MM. w/ 3-15 round mags. Perfect shape.

Hopefully this is just a slow start for me [smile]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MrTwigg

I hear ya on the "Trigger Slap" My SAR-1 does the same thing. After a while of shooting it, it can actually start to hurt some. Hummm, I may have to try a home gunsmith trigger job. That could get interesting.

Trigger slap fix...

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm

K-Var has some nice triggers to fix that trigger slap issue.

K-Var does have some stuff that's tough finding elsewhere, but their prices can be ridiculously expensive, and it's annoying when they list stuff on their website, but it's "out of stock".

The US made FCG they have listed is $43.99

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16409&cat=0&page=4

USA manufactured Tapco G-2 FCG's can be found a lot cheaper.

(The K-Var units are Metal Injection Molded whereas the Tapco G-2s are tool-grade carbon steel. The G-2s also have a trigger sleeve that makes assembly much easier).

Mid-West Armory has them for $35.99

http://midwestarmory.com/page5.html

I've seen them as low as $30.00 on various AK related "for sale" forums.

Mosinm39 said:
K-Var, Tapco, Red Star arms.
Some can be pricey but ya get what you pay for.

Trigger slap fix...
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm
K-Var does have some stuff that's tough finding elsewhere, but their prices can be ridiculously expensive, and it's annoying when they list stuff on their website, but it's "out of stock".

The US made FCG they have listed is $43.99

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16409&cat=0&page=4

USA manufactured Tapco G-2 FCG's can be found a lot cheaper.

(The K-Var units are Metal Injection Molded whereas the Tapco G-2s are tool-grade carbon steel. The G-2s also have a trigger sleeve that makes assembly much easier).

Mid-West Armory has them for $35.99

http://midwestarmory.com/page5.html

I've seen them as low as $30.00 on various AK related "for sale" forums.

This is why I love this forum !

Better pics of the 1911.

Only rust I found on her so far was behind the grips. And at that, was very little. Best part was this gun was free.

sk20.jpg

So does it feed those Hydra Shoks? Most of the M1911A1s that I've shot DISPISE anything that isn't 230gr FMJ.

Still awesome grab!

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom