• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November 2006!

Here is my November purchase:

lower.jpg

massnee is that your first AR? ive heard awesome things about RRA...just wish they had been around before the ban...i plan on pickin up a RRA 9mm upper and block for my ar for sum el cheapo fun plinking

massnee is that your first AR? ive heard awesome things about RRA...just wish they had been around before the ban...i plan on pickin up a RRA 9mm upper and block for my ar for sum el cheapo fun plinking

This is my new stripped lower receiver’s roommate (also a RRA):

ar1.jpg

The Deval made me do it Part II.

Something I've been putting off for too long is now mine. [grin]

My.jpg

I'm gonna take some time off tommorrow morning and get acquainted with my new friend here. [smile]

OK bigger pic thanks to Photobucket !

Last edited:

I'm gonna take some time off tommorrow morning and get acquainted with my new friend here. [smile]

Click the pic & it will open a new window, and then click it again for the full size view. One of these days I'll get the hang of posting pic's here. [rolleyes]

[shocked]

FREAKIN' SWEEEEEEET!!!

Click the pic & it will open a new window, and then click it again for the full size view. One of these days I'll get the hang of posting pic's here. [rolleyes]

Welcome to the club MrTwigg. The 4" S&W 500 is my favorite gun to shoot.

It looks like you have lead bullets there but the compensator installed on the gun appears to be the one for jacketed bullets (I'm a geek, I know). If you leave it on there and shoot the lead, you'll be picking lead out of the compensator for a while.

I hope you reload, it's a lot more fun to shoot that way, and way cheaper. PM me if you'd like some good sources for components.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

OK bigger pic thanks to Pohotobucket !

You weren't kidding about running out to FS right away!! I saw the time you posted and thought "oh, he can't really be serious"

Nice pick up!

It looks like you have lead bullets there but the compensator installed on the gun appears to be the one for jacketed bullets (I'm a geek, I know).

Wow good eyes ! yeah, I did change out the compensator before I went out this morning.

I put 20 rounds of 330GR hard cast RNFP through it today. All I can say is "WOW !". I've got to say this on one friggin impressive revolver ! When I fire it single action the trigger is like a dream, smooth, crisp & easy. [smile] Double action is almost as good. I don't have much experience with revolvers but this one is sweet !

As they say if one is good, two is better. I want - no I need the 8" barrel one too !

Maybe I could just tell MrsTwigg they have interchangable barrels ? [rolleyes] [thinking]

blood hound said:
whered you get the infidel sheet?

i like that...sweet gun too...ive been thinkin of gettin 1 myself

Actually it's a shirt. (I'm a large man.) Get one now for your next nanny-state mandated diversity / sensitivity meting !
I got my INFIDEL shirt here.

FSG's last Wasr-10 ( more are coming soon ) and the last 4 30rnd mags in the shop. Semi De-gooped with brake cleaner,( all done now). Waiting for Sunday to make some noise.

DCP_3094.jpg

Thanks , I am pretty happy right now. .. There will always be mags around I think. But they may get very expensive ...

My wife doesn't believe me when say ' Okay , thats it. I don't need any more guns."

.... I don't need a large bore revolver or an FAL or a Thompson gun or a 37 mm flare launcher or ..... But I want them.. maybe just one more in a few weeks.

Nice ! What's that 'dimpling' behind the serations?

Brownells grip tape. The wood grip gun is the new one, mods are as follows:
1. Smith corrected ledge on breech face so it will dent the brass less
2. Cocobolo double diamond grips, hogue hex grip screws
3. S&A MSH/Mag well
4. Dawson fiber optic front sight
5. Grip tape behind slide serrations for easier cocking with hammer down
6. Dawson slow cam firing pin stop, my smith believes this stop is made by EGW.
6. Wilson combat uber extended single side safety, it provides one massive mamajama platform for your thumb to rest on. I think it needs to be reshaped.
7. Not yet, but I am working on it, a Greider Precision short solid trigger that fits the MASSIVE trigger track they milled into the frame (.94, .92 or less is standard) so the trigger doesn't rattle like a pebble in a tin can.

Alumagrip (Old) gun:
1. Aggressive checkered alumagrips
2. S&A mag well
3. Dawson F/O front sight
4. Greider Precision solid short trigger
5. Colt Series 80 hammer, believe it to be forged
6. Colt Series 70 grip safety, it has been totally ruined cosmetically when it was worked on (not by me)
7. EGW O/S firing pin stop
8. Smith fixed ledge on the breech face so it won't dent brass
9. Gun needs a new sear and trigger job, the trigger is pretty bad right now but it doesn't stop me from shooting it quickly and accurately.

I am also showing off my new reloading press which made all that nice shiny ammo (170 rounds) which I will use this Wednesday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom