• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November 2006!

An acquisition which wasn't planned for, but she's on the way:
LP34 flare pistol, cal. 4 (26.5mm) of 1943 vintage by Erma
LP34_r.jpg

LP34_l.jpg

Last edited:
Alrighty... these are my first purchases.

All from a buddy of mine who is getting ride of all but 1 of his guns... sad I know.

But... these went to a good home [smile]

FIE Miami Derringer .38

"Ranger" 101 12 (or Steven's Model 39) 410 gage. It needs a little work, but appears to be in fine shooting condition. Missing the butt plate.

Springfield Arms .22, single shot bolt action. very old (possibly 1930's) No model number stamped anywhere. Only a very small circle with a 25 in it. Not sure what that is though. The stock has a "lame" carving in it that was done by my friends unlce when his uncle was about 12... when he got the rifle. But in perfect working order.

Ruger P85, 9MM. w/ 3-15 round mags. Perfect shape.

Hopefully this is just a slow start for me [smile]

Ok... So i finally fired these.

The .410 is very nice, smooth and shoots well... only issue I had was the last round not feeding properly. My guess is the spring in the tube magazine needs to be streached/replaced.

The .38 derringer... well... at 10 feet I could hit the paper (of a 8 1/2 X 11 target) but I'm guessing that is what it is ment for anyway. Still kinda fun to shot though. Although I had a couple of times where I had to re-cock and pull the trigger again to get it to fire... not every time... but enough to make me wounder. I figure a good cleaning may fix that.

The Ruger p85 shot well... Though I did have a couple FTF's... but I think that may either be the ammo I was using or it just needs a good cleaning. The first 4 mags worked fine but after that (when I was using my new ammo) the FTF's started.

The .22 shot like a dream. If fact I actually had to check and make sure it fired. I put the target out at 75', pulled the trigger and though it had a missfire, ejected the casing and then wondered if a I had a squib... checked the barrel and nothing. Then I pulled the target in and saw that I hit the black center. after that I put the target at 25 feet and could only hear the firing pin hit and the lead hit the paper. I was rather impressed.

The .22 shot like a dream. If fact I actually had to check and make sure it fired. I put the target out at 75', pulled the trigger and though it had a missfire, ejected the casing and then wondered if a I had a squib... checked the barrel and nothing. Then I pulled the target in and saw that I hit the black center. after that I put the target at 25 feet and could only hear the firing pin hit and the lead hit the paper. I was rather impressed.

Every back yard varmint hunter's dream.[smile]

Just picked this up. It's a S&W M36 from about 1971-72. The butt is about 1/2" longer than a regular M36. Supposedly was made for the NYPD. Will have to check with Roy Jinks. It needs some cleaning up but it checks out nice and tight with very little actual wear.

SWM36.jpg

Just picked this up. It's a S&W M36 from about 1971-72. The butt is about 1/2" longer than a regular M36. Supposedly was made for the NYPD. Will have to check with Roy Jinks. It needs some cleaning up but it checks out nice and tight with very little actual wear.

Looking in the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson, it appears that the NYPD M36 pistols were 3", but you probably saw that already. It's a nice weapon, no matter where it came from. Interesting variation.

Gary

It's been a rare 3 gun month for me! I waited to post, didn't want to drop the hammer to early. I picked up a Mosin M44 stamped 1948 from the Izhevsk arsenal. Stock needs help but its great otherwise. The second one is a S+W 617, 6-shot, 6" barrel. The third is a Ruger 10/22 which I haven't had the chance to shoot yet. Been on a .22 rimfire kick lately. The ruger was nearly free, I had built up enought "safety points" at work which I was able to trade in for gift certificates.

Looking in the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson, it appears that the NYPD M36 pistols were 3", but you probably saw that already. It's a nice weapon, no matter where it came from. Interesting variation.

Gary

Gary,

Apparently it's just a standard square-butt Model 36. I saw the blurb about the 3" NYPD pistols but this is obviously much more main-stream.

Gary,

Apparently it's just a standard square-butt Model 36. I saw the blurb about the 3" NYPD pistols but this is obviously much more main-stream.

Your comment about the longer butt had me interested. I would guess that S&W wouldn't do that for one weapon. Unless it was a prototype, in which case it would be worth more.

In any case, that's a nice looking weapon. Enjoy.

Gary

Couldn't resist again and added 2 more pieces to the growing collection:

Mauser .22 lr single shot training rifle
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

and another .32 Walther PPk which seems to come from the "pimp-my-gun shop"
PimpedPPk.jpg

Last edited:
I just put a down payment on a 3" Ruger GP100 w/fixed sights. This is one sweet gun! Has a trigger very close to the old S&W style where you can stage the trigger pull. It's the best out-of-the-box Ruger trigger any of us can remember. My dealer has already sold 9 of these in less than two weeks and could sell another 9 if he can get them from the distributor.

This is what it looks like. If you can find one I highly suggest checking it out!

RugerGP100.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to an assist by dreppucci007 (I owe ya, buddy), I have another November acquisition:

SmithWessons002.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 K-frame .38 special. 2" barrel.

Dave knows how much I paid for it - it was a STEAL...

Picked these up a week or two ago:

2004 Remington 700P with Leupold 4.5-14 variable scope and Harris Bipod
moreshots098.jpg

moreshots099.jpg

RPB/Cobray M10/9mm with fake but cool looking silencer.
moreshots096.jpg

i got a question for you guys...as i am lacking in the evil black bolt action club except for my savage gxp...

why the remington 700 over one of the fnh pbr rifles? ive been drooling over the fluted pbrs for awhile and every time im about to purchase one an evil semi auto comes along that i have to scoop up

nice rifles though...i really need one

ranger...is that mac 10 open bolt?

i got a question for you guys...as i am lacking in the evil black bolt action club except for my savage gxp...

why the remington 700 over one of the fnh pbr rifles? ive been drooling over the fluted pbrs for awhile and every time im about to purchase one an evil semi auto comes along that i have to scoop up

The M10 is open bolt. That was one of the things that made it an interesting find.

In terms of the 700, I had been looking at the FN's as well. I'd have no problem going that route. I do like the fact that the 700 action has been, and continues to be used by the U.S. military. What really settled it was finding this set up, with all the goodies already in place, including a hard aluminum case. sometimes my gun choice boils down to what opportunity presents itself first.

For me... it was between the Remington 700 and Savage 10FP. Those two because they're affordable, and there's plenty of after market parts available.

I ended up going with the Remington because I found one on sale, and as stated by Dirtypacman, it's the standard precision rifle used by our military.

Back
Top Bottom