New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Long time lurker. Joined GOAL recently even though I'm from the Free State of New Hampshire and realized it was time to go green as well. I recently took the GOAL course on Massachusetts Firearms Laws. Don't know how you Mass residents stand it... In the words of the instructor for that course, only in the Commonwealth is spice, pepper spray, considered ammunition...

Please move up across the border. I live only one mile north of the Commonwealth/NH border, but what a difference a mile makes.

Dorff

Welcome Dorff. You will be in good company here. Plenty of MA transplants and those looking to be.

Hi folks. Second post but long time lurker here. Received my LTC-A in metro west back in December and appreciate the great info on here. Made the trip up to Manchester Firing Line before buying anything, went with the good folks at FS for my first buy (Glock 17) and today picked up a Gen 4 G26, which I can't wait to try out. Recently applied to Wayland and am hoping voters see the light on the April vote. Thanks for all the fantastic info here.

Hello and welcome Joseb,

Some great first purchases, you will be sure to enjoy those for years to come. Glad to see you getting active on the board here. See you in the discussions.

Hi guys,

New to the forum (just registered today) but I've been on here reading for a while now. I live in one of the neighborhoods of Boston, just applied for my LTC yesterday, passed the Moon Island test this morning. Licensing officer said it would be a 4 month wait, range guys said 6 months... I'm hoping it's the former of course :D

I grew up occasionally shooting rifles and shotguns, once my LTC (restricted of course) arrives I plan to buy a 9mm and get some range time in :)

Hi guys,

New to the forum (just registered today) but I've been on here reading for a while now. I live in one of the neighborhoods of Boston, just applied for my LTC yesterday, passed the Moon Island test this morning. Licensing officer said it would be a 4 month wait, range guys said 6 months... I'm hoping it's the former of course :D

I grew up occasionally shooting rifles and shotguns, once my LTC (restricted of course) arrives I plan to buy a 9mm and get some range time in :)

Welcome to the site Josh,

Glad you decided to member up and make a post. Hope that your license process goes quick and smooth and you can be out shooting shortly. Continue enjoying the forum and hope to see you get active in the discussions.

Also please consider donating to COMM2A, GOAL, GOA and other Pro-2nd organizations to keep up the good fight.

I plan to join GOAL and the NRA soon. Thanks for the welcome! I too hope that the license process goes quick, but I think there is little chance of that at this point :/

Hi All,

Been trolling around the forum more and more lately, and figured I'd finally say Hi.

I'm finding NES a great site to start for any questions that have been coming up. Can usually find my answers without having to post my question.
I've been licensed since I was legally able to, (old school FID at first) LTC A now.
Look forward to loosing many more hours reading here.

Thanks,
Dave

Hey everyone. My name is john. Just received my LTC-A in carver. Been lurking for a month or two. Hoping to learn as much as I can from all the knowledgable people on here. Get to know some of you. Have yet to buy my first firearm probably 9mm any suggestions ? My wife is also looking for an EDC probably .380.

Thanks all for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. My name is john. Just received my LTC-A in carver. Been lurking for a month or two. Hoping to learn as much as I can from all the knowledgable people on here. Get to know some of you. Have yet to buy my first firearm probably 9mm any suggestions ? My wife is also looking for an EDC probably .380.

Thanks all for the help

Hey John. Welcome. Buy what you like, and what you're comfortable shooting. You'll get a million different suggestions as to what is better here. As for your wife's .380, Sig makes a few that she would probably like. I summer carried a P232 .380 for awhile and loved it. Just be prepared for the .380 haters to start their schtick. I'd rather see a woman carry a .380 that she's competent with, than one trying to be proficient with a 9 or a 40 that she's not comfortable with.

Sent from my QMV7A

Hello all,

Just received my LTC class A in the mail today. Very excited been waiting a long time.
In the Boy Scouts I shot many .22lr rifles, and shotguns. While living in Cali hooked up with a friend that did a lot of shooting and got introduced to handguns, and lever action rifles.
I currently only have one rifle the Excel Accelerator .22 magnum rifle.

IMG_1996.JPG

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/4/medium/IMG_1996.JPG
I am looking to get an inexpensive HD shotgun, like a Savage Stevens 320, or the Mossberg Maveric 88. Later on me and my father in law want to build from scratch and AR-15.

Last edited:
I know this is a thread for new members but can't resist posting on my first anniversary

I've learned more here than I could have ever imagined

no firearms experience EVER until 2 years ago, and now with a year of nes under my belt I'm starting my first ar build

best $19.00 I ever spent (okay now it's $38.00 as I just renewed)

thanks nes

Hi All,

Been trolling around the forum more and more lately, and figured I'd finally say Hi.

I'm finding NES a great site to start for any questions that have been coming up. Can usually find my answers without having to post my question.
I've been licensed since I was legally able to, (old school FID at first) LTC A now.
Look forward to loosing many more hours reading here.

Thanks,
Dave

Hello Dave,

Glad you have been enjoying the site, even better you can work the search well and have gotten what information you needed. Hoping you will continue to return and become active in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the help

Hello and welcome John,

Opinions are a plenty here but I don't think you could go wrong with a Glock 19, Ruger SR9c, or other mid to small size semi 9mm.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all,

Just received my LTC class A in the mail today. Very excited been waiting a long time.
In the Boy Scouts I shot many .22lr rifles, and shotguns. While living in Cali hooked up with a friend that did a lot of shooting and got introduced to handguns, and lever action rifles.
I currently only have one rifle the Excel Accelerator .22 magnum rifle.

IMG_1996.JPG

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/4/medium/IMG_1996.JPG
I am looking to get an inexpensive HD shotgun, like a Savage Stevens 320, or the Mossberg Maveric 88. Later on me and my father in law want to build from scratch and AR-15.

Hello kmbarreiros,

Thanks for making an introduction. You will be in good company here. Congrats on the new license… I prefer the Remington 870 and they can be had pretty cheap used.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is a thread for new members but can't resist posting on my first anniversary

no firearms experience EVER until 2 years ago, and now with a year of nes under my belt I'm starting my first ar build

thanks nes

Happy 1st anniversary and many more ahead for your time here.
Glad you can enjoy it as much as the rest of us here!

...can't resist posting on my first anniversary

thanks nes

Congratulation!

thanks nes

+1

Hello everyone new guy checking in.

My name is Dan and i'm currently waiting for my class A permit. I'm new to shooting and hope to be a new 1911 owner very soon. Friend from work told me about this website and from what I've seen so far I'm very impresed with all the useful information on this site.

Newbee Check-in

Greetings and salutations,

My Name is Paul and I received my Class A, LTC about a month ago. I moved to Massachusetts about 17 years ago and got my FID in 30 days as required. About 2 years after that, I was made an outlaw by the commonwealth when new "Gun Control" laws went into affect. Because my job entailed a great deal of travel back then I did not know when I might be able to apply for a license and it took many years for me to get around to it. In addition, taking my guns to my brothers place in Alamogordo, NM to be put in locked storage kept them "out of sight, out of mind". He recently had to down size because of the Government's furloughs and sequestering of employees (he works for U.S. Army on Helicopters and Drones), so I had to retrieve my firearms. This forced me to get my license. Luckily it was fairly painless.

I have owned firearms since I was 22 and all of them were purchased in California before the liberals took over. Now you are hard pressed for find a gun dealer at all.

Anyway, I digress. I am pretty much set on guns, there are a few more I would like to purchase, but I find that I have only one that I would consider a Conceal Carry; the rest are too large. So I will be in the market for a smaller handgun. The one I have is a Colt Mk IV/ Series '80 Gov't model .380 Auto; all blued steel.

I look forward to some good discussions and some of the "get-together" activities. I am sending in my check (no really) to pay for a membership.

My name is Dan and i'm currently waiting for my class A permit. I'm new to shooting and hope to be a new 1911 owner very soon. Friend from work told me about this website and from what I've seen so far I'm very impresed with all the useful information on this site.

Hello Dan,

Glad to have you posting here. Thank you for showing support so quickly and going Green. I am personally from the camp that everyone should own at least one 1911. May you enjoy your time here and get your LTC soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings and salutations,

My Name is Paul and I received my Class A, LTC about a month ago. I moved to Massachusetts about 17 years ago and got my FID in 30 days as required. About 2 years after that, I was made an outlaw by the commonwealth when new "Gun Control" laws went into affect. Because my job entailed a great deal of travel back then I did not know when I might be able to apply for a license and it took many years for me to get around to it. In addition, taking my guns to my brothers place in Alamogordo, NM to be put in locked storage kept them "out of sight, out of mind". He recently had to down size because of the Government's furloughs and sequestering of employees (he works for U.S. Army on Helicopters and Drones), so I had to retrieve my firearms. This forced me to get my license. Luckily it was fairly painless.

I have owned firearms since I was 22 and all of them were purchased in California before the liberals took over. Now you are hard pressed for find a gun dealer at all.

Anyway, I digress. I am pretty much set on guns, there are a few more I would like to purchase, but I find that I have only one that I would consider a Conceal Carry; the rest are too large. So I will be in the market for a smaller handgun. The one I have is a Colt Mk IV/ Series '80 Gov't model .380 Auto; all blued steel.

I look forward to some good discussions and some of the "get-together" activities. I am sending in my check (no really) to pay for a membership.

Welcome Paul,

Great introduction and background. You will be in good company here. Hope to see you become active in the discussions.

Friends? Who said that? Glag you went green Dan good job!! Rep+1 point.

Last edited:
What's up guys! I moved to North Central Mass a handful of years ago from the Republic of Texas. My wife and I received our Class A LTC licenses back in November 2013. It was a painless process other than the fact it took 3.5 months from application to receiving our licenses. There is quite a culture and legal difference here compared to my 'home country'. LOL. Nice to be part of this site; there is definitely a lot of information here in which to learn. Cheers!

What's up guys! I moved to North Central Mass a handful of years ago from the Republic of Texas. My wife and I received our Class A LTC licenses back in November 2013. It was a painless process other than the fact it took 3.5 months from application to receiving our licenses. There is quite a culture and legal difference here compared to my 'home country'. LOL. Nice to be part of this site; there is definitely a lot of information here in which to learn. Cheers!

Cheers Texas Expat,

Sorry to hear you had to move up here ;) Glad to know you got your licenses after the months wait! You are in good company here, look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Welcome!!

Hey hey,
Nice to meet yall. I've been living in MA just about my entire life, save a short stint in the Army ages ago. I had an LTC for ALP but let it lapse. I was in need of some legal aid to renew/reapply and made the mistake of contacting a local, now banned, "legal expert" who is well known for a famous interview. I wish this forum had come up when I looked for info on this guy way back when! So far the forum has been very helpful and I'll be contacting Jason Guida shortly. Wish me luck.

Hey hey,
Nice to meet yall. I've been living in MA just about my entire life, save a short stint in the Army ages ago. I had an LTC for ALP but let it lapse. I was in need of some legal aid to renew/reapply and made the mistake of contacting a local, now banned, "legal expert" who is well known for a famous interview. I wish this forum had come up when I looked for info on this guy way back when! So far the forum has been very helpful and I'll be contacting Jason Guida shortly. Wish me luck.

Your in good hands with Jason. Welcome to the site, sorry to hear of your troubles. Wish you the best in getting the LTC renewed.

Hey guys my name is TJ. I'm from western mass and hold a LTC-A NR. I have been viewing this forum for a while and finally decided to become more involved. So far my firearm collection includes:
M&P shield 9mm with an apex trigger
M&P 9c
AR-15 composed of a Rego NES group buy lower and YHM everything else
Savage mark II .22
80's Remington model four chambered in .308 that has never been fired

There is a lot of knowledge around this forum and I'm looking forward to learn more!

Hey guys my name is TJ. I'm from western mass and hold a LTC-A NR. I have been viewing this forum for a while and finally decided to become more involved. So far my firearm collection includes:
M&P shield 9mm with an apex trigger
M&P 9c
AR-15 composed of a Rego NES group buy lower and YHM everything else
Savage mark II .22
80's Remington model four chambered in .308 that has never been fired

There is a lot of knowledge around this forum and I'm looking forward to learn more!
\
Hello TJ,

Nice collection you have going there, I like them all :) Glad to have another shooter on the board here. Are you a member of a local club at all?
Please consider helping the good fight with donations to COMM2A, GOAL, GOA, NRA - thank you in advance!

Hi all, Andrew here. Had been lurking for a while (about to apply for LTC in Chelsea so I found a ton of useful info) but met "voidoid" over at r/guns and he convinced me to sign up!

I've been shooting for about 15 years (always with borrowed gear) and am looking forward to owning my own firearms in the near future!

Also a new GOAL member and pitched in a bit to COMM2A so I feel like I'm off to a good start -- just need my license now.

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know the community.

Hi all, Andrew here. Had been lurking for a while (about to apply for LTC in Chelsea so I found a ton of useful info) but met "voidoid" over at r/guns and he convinced me to sign up!

I've been shooting for about 15 years (always with borrowed gear) and am looking forward to owning my own firearms in the near future!

Also a new GOAL member and pitched in a bit to COMM2A so I feel like I'm off to a good start -- just need my license now.

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know the community.

Hello and welcome Andrew,

Thank you for supporting the forum and also chipping in on the good fight. We all appreciate the efforts! Hope you can continue to enjoy your time here and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Back
Top Bottom