New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey, everyone, Don from Boxford here. Learned about the forum via some recommendations on nestreetriders.com (I've been motorcycling for 33 years). In this field though, I'm a complete novice and am registered for a course in Woburn on the 16th. Hope to get a lot of good advice going forward!

Afternoon NES,

My names Shaun and I've been exploring the boards here and have been finding a wealth of information. I currently attend Norwich University as a junior in the Corp of Cadets. I've been looking to expand my firearms knowledge beyond any that I have gained using Army weapons and weapon systems here at school. I'm more than likely gonna attend a firearms class at the AFS in North Attleboro where I live.

Looking to apply for my Class A in July when I turn 21 and wanna make sure that I have gained the appropriate amount of info needed ahead of time. Aside from that I'm a very active airsofter in the Northeast. I'm a senior member on the Massachusetts Airsoft Forums and a moderator on the Northeast Airsoft Group so the vBulletin format is very familiar to me.

Bob here, my brother woke me up from being a sheep and how important it is to get an LTC before our wonderful president tries to take our liberties away. I obtained my LTC-NR July 2013, bought an SR9C immediately after (I think < 1 week after getting it) as my first gun and my personal carry. Grabbed a mossberg 500 flex the month after the Sr9c. Also ended up getting a SR22R for fun as a Christmas present for myself. Two days ago, just picked up a S&W MP15T in which I can't wait to take for a test drive. I'm an NRA member and will be joining this forum (paid membership) once I get off my butt and do it. I try to read a lot and just lurk in the shadows on this forum, mainly here for the classified section [smile] to build up my basic collection. I'd like to get a Ruger SP101 and eventually an AK to feel like I have fulfilled my basic collection. After I get to this point, which I'm guessing will be by the end of this year, I'll see what else jumps out.
I stumbled upon this forum from researching things and I try and keep an open mind and are always looking to learn.

Hey, everyone, Don from Boxford here. Learned about the forum via some recommendations on nestreetriders.com (I've been motorcycling for 33 years). In this field though, I'm a complete novice and am registered for a course in Woburn on the 16th. Hope to get a lot of good advice going forward!

Hello and welcome Don,

You will find plenty of knowledge here on the board, wish you the best with your class.

- - - Updated - - -

Afternoon NES,

My names Shaun and I've been exploring the boards here and have been finding a wealth of information. I currently attend Norwich University as a junior in the Corp of Cadets. I've been looking to expand my firearms knowledge beyond any that I have gained using Army weapons and weapon systems here at school. I'm more than likely gonna attend a firearms class at the AFS in North Attleboro where I live.

Looking to apply for my Class A in July when I turn 21 and wanna make sure that I have gained the appropriate amount of info needed ahead of time. Aside from that I'm a very active airsofter in the Northeast. I'm a senior member on the Massachusetts Airsoft Forums and a moderator on the Northeast Airsoft Group so the vBulletin format is very familiar to me.

Hello and welcome Shaun,

Hope to see you continue to frequent the board, glad to know you will be getting your LTC in July. Wish you the best through that process. There are a few air gunners on here but I am not one myself. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Bob here, my brother woke me up from being a sheep and how important it is to get an LTC before our wonderful president tries to take our liberties away. I obtained my LTC-NR July 2013, bought an SR9C immediately after (I think < 1 week after getting it) as my first gun and my personal carry. Grabbed a mossberg 500 flex the month after the Sr9c. Also ended up getting a SR22R for fun as a Christmas present for myself. Two days ago, just picked up a S&W MP15T in which I can't wait to take for a test drive. I'm an NRA member and will be joining this forum (paid membership) once I get off my butt and do it. I try to read a lot and just lurk in the shadows on this forum, mainly here for the classified section [smile] to build up my basic collection. I'd like to get a Ruger SP101 and eventually an AK to feel like I have fulfilled my basic collection. After I get to this point, which I'm guessing will be by the end of this year, I'll see what else jumps out.
I stumbled upon this forum from researching things and I try and keep an open mind and are always looking to learn.

Hello Bob,

Glad to hear you were woke up ;) SOme nice purchases you have made already. Sounds like you will be a good addition to the crew here! Hope to see you help the good fight by donating to COMM2A, GOAL, GOA, ETC. thank you

What's good NES!?
My name is Mike I am likely one of the younger shooters here on NES, at the tender age of 24. I graduated from THE University of Vermont (UVM, The Groovy UV) in May of 2012 with my BSc In Biological Sciences with concentration in Immunology and Cell Biology, so yeah.... I'm about as Nerdy as they come. I have my Class - A LTC High Capacity in Winchester MA (Current Residence) and have already acquired a good collection of firearms as follows;
- S&W M&P 9 -> First purchase of MANY at Four Seasons after my LTC came in
- S&W Bodyguard 380
- S&W M&P 15-22
- S&W M&P 15 Sport - Have upgraded it with a full set of Magpul furniture
- Mossberg 500 w/ 18'' Tactical Barrel & 28'' Vent Rib Accu II for clays
- ATI GSG522SD -> Modified back to the original GSG-5 specs + Hammerstrut modification to avoid light strikes and FTF FTE
- Romanian SAR-1 from CIA Imported in 2001 (Jealous?) I have since modified it and installed a Tapco G2 Trigger Group and replaced the buffer assembly with a telescoping assembly and Wolff recoil spring
- 1942 Russian M91/30 in "Un-Issued" Condition (Perfectly laminated stock, mirror finished bore and near mint bluing)
- 1954 Chinese Type 53 -> Modified for the girlfriend to shoot by removing the bayonet and grinding down the lug right to the barrel and adding a TAPCO Muzzle Break
- Late 60's Remington Single Shot bolt action .22 -> The GF's fathers first gun purchased for him by his father in NJ for the sum of $20!
- Winchester 9422 XTR in 22 Mag -> Passed down through the family BEAUTIFUL firearm

I guess that speech my grandfather always used to give me about firearms being "addictive" was spot on, I can never seem to fully satisfy my hunger for more!

I'm currently in the market for an M1 Garand / Springfield 1903 / Russian or Yugo SKS along with ANY other milsurp firearms but my wallet may not agree.

I hope to increase my knowledge of firearms and in particular gunsmithing and the building of old Military kit guns (PPsh / STEN !) that can seldom be purchased assembled and ready to go.

Cheers!

Wow what an introduction Mike! Thanks for giving us some background and looks like you have a nice collection already started. I am happy to hear your grandfather passed down the tradition of ownership and you have enjoyed doing so yourself. Please consider donating to the good fight through places like GOAL, COMM2A, GOA, Etc. Thanks in advance. Hope to see you in the discussions and out at the range!

Hey Guys,

Josh here from Gardner. New to the forums and firearms as well. I am also a youngster at 24. I am a computer technician and a guitar player. I recently became interested in firearms after moving out for the first time and realizing that my safety and my girlfriends lies in my hands. Its shaping up to be a scary world out there and I hope to never run into a situation where a firearm is needed. Firearms were definitely not something I grew up around or had an interest in until a good buddy brought me out to the range with him one day and now im here! I am currently waiting on my LTC-A NR and will be making my first purchase soon after.

I have been poking around the internet and keep ending up back here for answers to my questions after few google searches. The wealth of knowledge I am seeing here and the sense of community here is absolutely invaluable from what I have seen.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone while I constantly sit and drool over seeing what you guys are purchasing while I wait for mine!

Hey Guys,

Josh here from Gardner. New to the forums and firearms as well. I am also a youngster at 24. I am a computer technician and a guitar player. I recently became interested in firearms after moving out for the first time and realizing that my safety and my girlfriends lies in my hands. Its shaping up to be a scary world out there and I hope to never run into a situation where a firearm is needed. Firearms were definitely not something I grew up around or had an interest in until a good buddy brought me out to the range with him one day and now im here! I am currently waiting on my LTC-A NR and will be making my first purchase soon after.

I have been poking around the internet and keep ending up back here for answers to my questions after few google searches. The wealth of knowledge I am seeing here and the sense of community here is absolutely invaluable from what I have seen.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone while I constantly sit and drool over seeing what you guys are purchasing while I wait for mine!

Welcome to the site Josh,

Happy to hear you got serious about your safety and decided to get a firearm. You came to a great place to discuss, read up and just have a good time. Look forward to hearing how you made out with the first purchase. Enjoy the site

Hi Everybody

Ed From Somerville here. I am new to the forums and firearms as well.I work For Fedex in the office/ print shop side. My brother xero2099
introduced me to this site and firearms in general when he would let me go to the range with him andthen i was hooked. I am taking the mass basic firearm saftey course in another week or so and then aplly for my ltc shortly after that. looking foreward to chatting with you all

Ed

Hi Everybody

Ed From Somerville here. I am new to the forums and firearms as well.I work For Fedex in the office/ print shop side. My brother xero2099
introduced me to this site and firearms in general when he would let me go to the range with him andthen i was hooked. I am taking the mass basic firearm saftey course in another week or so and then aplly for my ltc shortly after that. looking foreward to chatting with you all

Ed

Great to have another one join us. Welcome Ed. Nice to hear you were referred and your brother has been helping the good fight by getting you hooked :)
Enjoy the site and good luck through the LTC process.

Hi everyone, been lurking on this site for a while now but finally decided to bite the bullet as they say and make an account. I live on the South Shore and am currently attending college. I've been fascinated with firearms all my life but never got seriously into shooting until I joined the Marine Corps. Served four years as an infantryman, including a combat tour to Helmund Province, Afghanistan in 2010 (where my Marjah Marines at?). Got my Class A about a year ago and I've been carrying everywhere I'm legally able to ever since.

Hi Everybody

introduced me to this site and firearms in general when he would let me go to the range with him and then i was hooked. I am taking the mass basic firearm safety course in another week or so and then apply for my ltc shortly after that. looking forward to chatting with you all

Ed

took ya long enough [smile]

Hi everyone, been lurking on this site for a while now but finally decided to bite the bullet as they say and make an account. I live on the South Shore and am currently attending college. I've been fascinated with firearms all my life but never got seriously into shooting until I joined the Marine Corps. Served four years as an infantryman, including a combat tour to Helmund Province, Afghanistan in 2010 (where my Marjah Marines at?). Got my Class A about a year ago and I've been carrying everywhere I'm legally able to ever since.

Welcome KnockKnock,

THank you very much for your service. We are glad to have you here joining us. Wish you the best in your time here and going forward. Plenty of like minded individuals here all with the same passion. Enjoy!

Hi everyone. Oddly enough I joined the site in June of last year but never posted anything until tonight. I have gotten quite a bit of information from this site and figured I should start participating (or ask questions!). I live in the Chelmsford, MA area and work as an inside salesman at the moment, while attending college. I have had interest in guns for quite some time, but only had the opportunity early last year to take a class and get my LTC. I also managed to get my wife to go along and get hers too. Now we both shoot, as do both of my daughters, one of which has taken an interest in shooting clay birds. I hope to be able to give back a little bit of what I've learned through stalking the forums here in the past.

Hi everyone. Oddly enough I joined the site in June of last year but never posted anything until tonight. I have gotten quite a bit of information from this site and figured I should start participating (or ask questions!). I live in the Chelmsford, MA area and work as an inside salesman at the moment, while attending college. I have had interest in guns for quite some time, but only had the opportunity early last year to take a class and get my LTC. I also managed to get my wife to go along and get hers too. Now we both shoot, as do both of my daughters, one of which has taken an interest in shooting clay birds. I hope to be able to give back a little bit of what I've learned through stalking the forums here in the past.

Glad to have you posting BErlandson! Many people choose to browse for a while before getting involved so just happy to have you in the fold. Glad to know your entire family is also taking part. Enjoy the forum and see you in the discussions.

Hello!
Not really a NES, more of a NWS. I'm about as far as you can get from the Great North East and still be in the U.S.A. I'm an older guy, been shooting for about 50 years now. Both wife and I collect firearms, mostly rimfires. We buy what we like, our collection covers about everything from a basic Savage Model 3 to AR's. We don't have a particular favorite, we like 'em all. We've been picking up old neglected .22's and refinishing them. (The Savage was given to us and didn't fire at all...it does now!) We might not live in the North East, but we did name our car "Wicked Bad"! We've got some friends in Vermont & Maine, have a trip planned there this fall.

Hi! I've been browsing around this site for awhile. My son told me about it, and figured it was time to join.

I really enjoy the forums quite a bit! Lots of good information, and some thoughts that make me stir up the gray matter. Been shooting since I bought my first .22 in 1969 (still my favorite gun), we have a couple of .22 rifles (bolts), a Ruger SR22, also a BG380 and Glock 26, which I alternate carrying. Thinking a bit about a Kahr PM9.

I belong to Hanson Rod and Gun and am retired, so I get to wake up the neighbors during the week!

Hello!
Not really a NES, more of a NWS. I'm about as far as you can get from the Great North East and still be in the U.S.A. I'm an older guy, been shooting for about 50 years now. Both wife and I collect firearms, mostly rimfires. We buy what we like, our collection covers about everything from a basic Savage Model 3 to AR's. We don't have a particular favorite, we like 'em all. We've been picking up old neglected .22's and refinishing them. (The Savage was given to us and didn't fire at all...it does now!) We might not live in the North East, but we did name our car "Wicked Bad"! We've got some friends in Vermont & Maine, have a trip planned there this fall.

More then happy to have you posting here Akboater!
Welcome and thanks for making an introduction. Sounds like you got years of experience shooting and a good attitude at that. Hope you will stick around and add to the discussions. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! I've been browsing around this site for awhile. My son told me about it, and figured it was time to join.

I really enjoy the forums quite a bit! Lots of good information, and some thoughts that make me stir up the gray matter. Been shooting since I bought my first .22 in 1969 (still my favorite gun), we have a couple of .22 rifles (bolts), a Ruger SR22, also a BG380 and Glock 26, which I alternate carrying. Thinking a bit about a Kahr PM9.

I belong to Hanson Rod and Gun and am retired, so I get to wake up the neighbors during the week!

Nice collection you got going oldguy47,

Welcome and thanks for going green in support. Happy that your son referred you here and that your active in the sport. Enjoy the site and see you in the discussions.

Welcome josh. I'm sure you'll get most of your ??? Answered here as well as some good old ribbing. Have fun and enjoy your new addiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I been here since 2013 but never came here much. I've had my favorite forums invaded by trolls and trouble makers so I bailed out. I am 68 yrs old and have been shooting for 60 of those years. I shoot skeet,rifle and handgun. I am on the board of a sportsman's club in the Berkshires. I'm a Vt native and hope to spend some time aboard. Hagrid

I been here since 2013 but never came here much. I've had my favorite forums invaded by trolls and trouble makers so I bailed out. I am 68 yrs old and have been shooting for 60 of those years. I shoot skeet,rifle and handgun. I am on the board of a sportsman's club in the Berkshires. I'm a Vt native and hope to spend some time aboard. Hagrid

Hello and welcome Hagrid,

Glad to see you posting an introduction. Hopefully you will come to enjoy the site and not get overwhelmed with any BS. Plenty of knowledge here and looks like you would have some to offer as well. Thanks for posting!

welcome old guy. I'm right around the corner from you, and a memberr at standish. If you feel like flinging some rounds and not driving all the way to hanson, let me know.

I found the forum following a link to Boris' Iron Glock thread, and decided to hang around for a while...

Haha Many a user have been brought to this site through that very link… Welcome! Hope you will enjoy your stay and get involved on the site.
where are you located?

Heard about this place from a neighbor of mine.

See you on the boards.

Hey FatBastard,

Glad you got the referral. Hows the weather ontop of yomama? Make sure to give her breathing room ;)
Who was the jerk that referred the bastard? LOL see you in the discussions.

Heard about this place from a neighbor of mine.

See you on the boards.

About time you showed up. [wave]

<snip> Who was the jerk that referred the bastard? <snip>

fce32f95.gif

Hello everyone,
I've finally ended up registering here. I know a bunch of people that are active here although not sure of all their usernames.
I've been active in fighting anti-gun legislation in NH especially HB1589 which was the background checks for private sales.

I will be running for State Rep In 2014 in Dover and Somersworth with another longtime member here. It is a 3 seat district so we aren't fighting each other.
If anyone wants to check out my site it is www.joefraser.org
You can like the Facebook page from there.

Back
Top Bottom