New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

About time you showed up. [wave]

fce32f95.gif

Haha keep em coming then!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,
I've finally ended up registering here. I know a bunch of people that are active here although not sure of all their usernames.
I've been active in fighting anti-gun legislation in NH especially HB1589 which was the background checks for private sales.

I will be running for State Rep In 2014 in Dover and Somersworth with another longtime member here. It is a 3 seat district so we aren't fighting each other.
If anyone wants to check out my site it is www.joefraser.org
You can like the Facebook page from there.

Thank you and welcome to the site Joe! Wish you the best in the battle, thanks for helping the good fight.

Hey all,

My name is Tom and I live in Fairhaven. I just applied for my LTC class A a week ago. I used to shoot as a child with my uncles and my grandfather but have really been out for the past 5 years or so. I stumbled on this website trying to figure out exactly what I needed to do to obtain my lisence. I should be getting my lisence with in a month the police dept. said so any advice on guns to buy or any clubs in my area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

Hey all,

My name is Tom and I live in Fairhaven. I just applied for my LTC class A a week ago. I used to shoot as a child with my uncles and my grandfather but have really been out for the past 5 years or so. I stumbled on this website trying to figure out exactly what I needed to do to obtain my lisence. I should be getting my lisence with in a month the police dept. said so any advice on guns to buy or any clubs in my area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

Hello and welcome Tom,

Glad to see you getting your license and joining back into the community from your younger years. I am not from the area myself so I cannot recommend a good club but I am sure others may chime in. There is also a bunch of write-ups on the clubs in the area if you do a search with the name included. Hope you can enjoy your time here and get your license without issue.

Hi the name is Greg, I work at Hanscom AFB Im a 18 year auto tech also a part time security officer, a certified NRA and Mass State police home firearms saftey and pistol instuctor also a FreeMason. I ride a Dyna wideglide I Love hot rods guns apple pie and the American dream just as it was inttended. My friend put me on to this site hes been a member for some time. Im a Glock guy and live in the land of Massachusetts.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I've finally ended up registering here. I know a bunch of people that are active here although not sure of all their usernames.
I've been active in fighting anti-gun legislation in NH especially HB1589 which was the background checks for private sales.

I will be running for State Rep In 2014 in Dover and Somersworth with another longtime member here. It is a 3 seat district so we aren't fighting each other.

I'll vouch for Joe. I meet him a few times doing activm. He is passionate about second amendment rights and would make a great state rep. I look fwd to hearing more about his campaign.

Hi the name is Greg, I work at Hanscom AFB Im a 18 year auto tech also a part time security officer, a certified NRA and Mass State police home firearms saftey and pistol instuctor also a FreeMason. I ride a Dyna wideglide I Love hot rods guns apple pie and the American dream just as it was inttended. My friend put me on to this site hes been a member for some time. Im a Glock guy and live in the land of Massachusetts.

Welcome and thanks for the introduction Greg,

We are happy to have someone with your knowledge joining the board. Hope you can come to enjoy this place as much as the rest of us. Thank you for helping with the good fight!

Hello everyone, I just received my LTC Class A with no~R took less than 4 weeks [grin] took my NRA course early Feb with my son
(NES # 48044 mcshooter) I used to shoot archery. We've shot at Attleboro AFS and are looking at ranges to decide which one we want to join. We've already met a couple NES members in a couple Walmarts.
[h=1][/h]

Hello everyone,

I've met Joe in person and can vouch for him as well.

Hello everyone, I just received my LTC Class A with no~R took less than 4 weeks [grin] took my NRA course early Feb with my son
(NES # 48044 mcshooter) I used to shoot archery. We've shot at Attleboro AFS and are looking at ranges to decide which one we want to join. We've already met a couple NES members in a couple Walmarts.
[h=1][/h]

Thanks for joining in NES Ken and becoming green. Awesome that you and your son enjoy the hobby together. There is always some NES'r trolling the walmart ammo section LOL
Enjoy your time here and hope you can find a good home in one of your local clubs.

Thanks for the welcome I do my part every day to inform as many people as I can. Its very important that we never give into the things that are wrong and to change what we can doing so the right way. Im happy to see a site like this and be a part of it.
Welcome and thanks for the introduction Greg,

We are happy to have someone with your knowledge joining the board. Hope you can come to enjoy this place as much as the rest of us. Thank you for helping with the good fight!

Thanks for the welcome I do my part every day to inform as many people as I can. Its very important that we never give into the things that are wrong and to change what we can doing so the right way. Im happy to see a site like this and be a part of it.

So true, we are glad to have you on board with that mindset. Enjoy

Hi all,

Spencer here from Townsend Ma, 23 married father of one little red head and a home owner.Always enjoyed shooting with my dad, friends and older brothers but always had too much going on with work new home wedding and kids over the last 3 yrs to go in and apply for my license, 2 years ago my older brother passed away leaving his wife and 2 kids behind along with a safe full of gear, his wife has since decided she doesn't want them anymore so I'm going to take possession of them (not sure how I go about that since he can't transfer them?) just dropped my LTC-A application on Tuesday so once that comes back I'll go over to my FFL and work on getting them transferred.

Found NES doing google searches to familiarize myself with the ridiculous licensing process and gun laws we've got in this lovely state! So far I've been very impressed with all the info and how easy it is to find on this site and look forward to hanging around.

Hi all,

Spencer here from Townsend Ma, 23 married father of one little red head and a home owner.Always enjoyed shooting with my dad, friends and older brothers but always had too much going on with work new home wedding and kids over the last 3 yrs to go in and apply for my license, 2 years ago my older brother passed away leaving his wife and 2 kids behind along with a safe full of gear, his wife has since decided she doesn't want them anymore so I'm going to take possession of them (not sure how I go about that since he can't transfer them?) just dropped my LTC-A application on Tuesday so once that comes back I'll go over to my FFL and work on getting them transferred.

Found NES doing google searches to familiarize myself with the ridiculous licensing process and gun laws we've got in this lovely state! So far I've been very impressed with all the info and how easy it is to find on this site and look forward to hanging around.

Hello and welcome Spencer,

Glad you found NES. Good luck on the transfer of the goods from your brother… someone will chime in on how to do that properly. It may have come up in discussions before so see if you can produce a search with any results (see my sig line for details on searching NES). Wish you the best throughout.

Hi All
Did a lot of shooting when I got my lifetime FID at 18, then did alot of shooting in the service. After that my lifetime FID expired :) Took a lot of time off from shooting after that. Finally got my FID again about a year ago. No luck on the LTC...deemed unsuitable by the Chief for a couple of arrests (no convictions) as recently as 18 years ago. Still hoping to get that LTC some day.
Thanks
Hugh

Hi All
Did a lot of shooting when I got my lifetime FID at 18, then did alot of shooting in the service. After that my lifetime FID expired :) Took a lot of time off from shooting after that. Finally got my FID again about a year ago. No luck on the LTC...deemed unsuitable by the Chief for a couple of arrests (no convictions) as recently as 18 years ago. Still hoping to get that LTC some day.
Thanks
Hugh

Welcome,

Sorry to hear about the denial - you may want to speak with Com2A aout your past. If you are not federally prohibited, you should be able to get a license if you are in the right town or lawyer up.

Hi, just found this site.. Moved to Maine from Colorado, searching for Free America once more. USPSA shooter.

Welcome Nick

Could have done a lot worse than Maine around these parts.

Hi All
Thanks
Hugh

Welcome to the site Hugh,

Thank you for your service. Sorry to hear you were found unsuitable by your Chief. Depending on the circumstances lawyering up could be a possibility but the $ out of pocket should be considered. I would at least send your information over to Comm2A and see if there is any suggestions from them. It is good to keep that information being passed along to help the good fight regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, just found this site.. Moved to Maine from Colorado, searching for Free America once more. USPSA shooter.

Happy to have you Nick,

Hope your settling in nicely up in ME. You have a bunch of shooters and competition grunts here on the board :)

Hi all just gone green, my name is Steve, from SE Mass have ltc-a for a year, f.i.d. since I was 15 it was $2.00 for a lifetime then and I just turned 50. N.R.A. life member, GOAL member member @ Taunton rifle & pistol. love the site, great info,nice people....p.s. when does my status change from registered user to member?

Hi all just gone green, my name is Steve, from SE Mass have ltc-a for a year, f.i.d. since I was 15 it was $2.00 for a lifetime then and I just turned 50. N.R.A. life member, GOAL member member @ Taunton rifle & pistol. love the site, great info,nice people....p.s. when does my status change from registered user to member?

Hello and welcome Steve,

One of the moderators will get you green when they verify payment received. Thank you for making an introduction, sounds like you will fit right in here :)
Thanks for helping fight the good fight with your support of the Pro2nd orgs out there. May you consider COMM2A this year for a donation, they are an outstanding outfit.

Hey Everyone,

I'm Bob from Middleboro, MA. Had my LTC in MA for a few years now. Moved out here from the Midwest in 2001. Had my LTC for over 30 years now. I've had USAF training, DOC level 6, & SERT training, and PD training. Been out of the shooting world for a while, but ready to get back in. I have my Ham license N9ILL, but no rig at this time. I saw the group looking into MA firearm regs, and looked to be a good group.

Just wanted to say Hey, and hope to become active with the group.

Bob

Hey Everyone,

I'm Bob from Middleboro, MA. Had my LTC in MA for a few years now. Moved out here from the Midwest in 2001. Had my LTC for over 30 years now. I've had USAF training, DOC level 6, & SERT training, and PD training. Been out of the shooting world for a while, but ready to get back in. I have my Ham license N9ILL, but no rig at this time. I saw the group looking into MA firearm regs, and looked to be a good group.

Just wanted to say Hey, and hope to become active with the group.

Bob

Hello Bob,

Great first post, thanks for telling us about yourself. Hope you can come to enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Plenty of knowledge to be had, sounds like you will bring some of your own as well.

Hey guys,

Names Brian, been lurking for a while and joined not too long ago. Only had my LTC for a year now, and only been exposed to firearms for about 2 years now, so there is so much to learn!

Will most likely be joining Andover Sportsmen's club as my buddy who introduced me to firearms is a member there.

Hey guys,

Names Brian, been lurking for a while and joined not too long ago. Only had my LTC for a year now, and only been exposed to firearms for about 2 years now, so there is so much to learn!

Will most likely be joining Andover Sportsmen's club as my buddy who introduced me to firearms is a member there.

Hello and welcome Brian,

Thanks for making an introduction and glad to have you here. I am sure you will make yourself comfortable and don't be afraid to jump in the discussions. See you on the board

Charles here,
Checking in to say Hi and introduce myself to everybody.

I'm new to the forums but not to the sport. Currently a resident of the Northeast Kingdom. Planning a transition down to Boston for my job in the near future. I'll be applying for my LTC as soon as my residency changes over. I've joined the Marlboro Fish and Game recently to have a home base.

Looking forward to spending some time in here.

Charles here,
Checking in to say Hi and introduce myself to everybody.

I'm new to the forums but not to the sport. Currently a resident of the Northeast Kingdom. Planning a transition down to Boston for my job in the near future. I'll be applying for my LTC as soon as my residency changes over. I've joined the Marlboro Fish and Game recently to have a home base.

Looking forward to spending some time in here.

Welcome Charles,

THanks for going green in support of the forum. Sorry to hear you have to relocate but hope you find a good place to call home. You should check out different areas for licensing issues, some towns will restrict you.

Ok, I checking in. I'm Bill from Athol, MA. I have a lot of experience with firearms but only last summer was I motivated to get my LTC-A and purchase handguns. I've actually been reading the fora for some months but this is my first post. Mostly I think of something sage to add and I wait a while and someone else adds it without needing my input. People on this site are really sharp. I hope at some point i will have learned enough to have something useful to say. Until that time I will profit from the acumen and wisdom of the regular posters.

Back
Top Bottom