New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello!

New to the forum but have lurked before looking through the classifieds. My dad was a deer hunter and reserve police officer in Michigan and he taught me about guns when I was a little kid. Making an effort now to polish up my skills and make some changes in my gun collection and do some survival prep. Looks like there's a lot of great advice and information here!

Welcome to NES kdallas. You will find tons of good advice and info here. Enjoy!

Newish member here.

Joined back in 2014 solely based on a link for a used guitar ad posted here.

Got interested again into firearms having been around them on holidays in the Blue Ridge mtns. and at shooting ranges many times in my younger days. I found many posts from NES after searching for info about current laws and events in MA. I decided to register BUT my email was taken....Wut? That’s when I put the pieces together and found out I was already registered! Now I’m green and going for my LTC in Worcester too. Glad to be here to reap and sow.

Newish member here.

Joined back in 2014 solely based on a link for a used guitar ad posted here.

Got interested again into firearms having been around them on holidays in the Blue Ridge mtns. and at shooting ranges many times in my younger days. I found many posts from NES after searching for info about current laws and events in MA. I decided to register BUT my email was taken....Wut? That’s when I put the pieces together and found out I was already registered! Now I’m green and going for my LTC in Worcester too. Glad to be here to reap and sow.

Herro, djbradles. Nice to see you back on NES then. Thanks for going green and supporting this forum. Glad you are able to find information about firearms, hopefully, you found some of it to be helpful. If you still have questions, feel free to try again searching around or posting a new thread in the appropriate sections and I'm sure someone will come along shortly and help if they can. Since you're, make sure you sign up for this month's giveaway if you haven't already: NES/MFS August Giveaway

Cheers. See ya around the forum.

-Cindy [mg]

Hello! I joined after being recommended to check the forum out via a friend. Looking forward to learning a lot more about firearms from all of you. I'm fairly new to shooting, I've enjoyed it since I was a kid but have yet to own my first gun (LTC is in the works) ;)

Hello! I joined after being recommended to check the forum out via a friend. Looking forward to learning a lot more about firearms from all of you. I'm fairly new to shooting, I've enjoyed it since I was a kid but have yet to own my first gun (LTC is in the works) ;)

Hi there, great name and avatar! Thanks for already being green member. Good luck with your LTC process. I hope it all goes smoothly and fast for you. It looks like Pittsfield is labeled as a 'green' town and was formally 'red' (not sure how long ago this change was) but feel free to update the community on your status as I'm sure other Pittsfielders may be curious. Make sure you check out all the good stuff in the members only forum. See you around.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello I am Larry and currently live in Fitchburg Mass. I recently (JULY; took about 60days for Fitchburg) obtained my LTC “A” and have purchase a few firearms since.

A little about myself. I am 46 year young adult (my wife would correct the adult part) and I have three children (15, 11 and 2). I am a honorably discharged veteran who served in the US Navy active duty from 92-96. After the Navy I graduated Mass Maritime Academy with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I currently work for Raytheon where we manufacture Patriot Missile systems.

Always had interests interests in firearms. I still have the 1st firearm that my dad bought me when I was 16/17 years old. It is a Remington 870 express 12 gauge pump shotgun. My dad and I used to go deer hunting long time ago. He taught me a lot about safety regarding firearms.
I recently got into some very high end air rifles. I have a nice British BSA R-10SE ($1200) .22cal and a Bulldog .357cal air rife that you could hunt deer with if it was legal in Mass. Since I got my LTC”A” I purchased a S&W Shield 2.0 (9mm) with Apex kit and fiber sights for CCW and a S&W 15/22 .22cal rifle for cheap fun target shooting. I’m currently saving up for a long range bolt action 6.5mm Creedmoor or .308 for long distance shooting. This is what I would really like to get involved in. Maybe even compete if I have the time and $$$.

Currently looking to join Harvard Sportsman's Club, but due to the fact I work 2nd shift it is hard to go to any open events. I'm actually planning on taking vacation time next Wednesday to go to an open USPSA practice that is open to public. Hopefully I will be able to meet someone to sponsor me, LOL.

All that said, looking forward to become a contributing member of the firearms community and this forum.

Larry

Hello I am Larry and currently live in Fitchburg Mass. I recently (JULY; took about 60days for Fitchburg) obtained my LTC “A” and have purchase a few firearms since.

A little about myself. I am 46 year young adult (my wife would correct the adult part) and I have three children (15, 11 and 2). I am a honorably discharged veteran who served in the US Navy active duty from 92-96. After the Navy I graduated Mass Maritime Academy with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I currently work for Raytheon where we manufacture Patriot Missile systems.

Always had interests interests in firearms. I still have the 1st firearm that my dad bought me when I was 16/17 years old. It is a Remington 870 express 12 gauge pump shotgun. My dad and I used to go deer hunting long time ago. He taught me a lot about safety regarding firearms.
I recently got into some very high end air rifles. I have a nice British BSA R-10SE ($1200) .22cal and a Bulldog .357cal air rife that you could hunt deer with if it was legal in Mass. Since I got my LTC”A” I purchased a S&W Shield 2.0 (9mm) with Apex kit and fiber sights for CCW and a S&W 15/22 .22cal rifle for cheap fun target shooting. I’m currently saving up for a long range bolt action 6.5mm Creedmoor or .308 for long distance shooting. This is what I would really like to get involved in. Maybe even compete if I have the time and $$$.

Currently looking to join Harvard Sportsman's Club, but due to the fact I work 2nd shift it is hard to go to any open events. I'm actually planning on taking vacation time next Wednesday to go to an open USPSA practice that is open to public. Hopefully I will be able to meet someone to sponsor me, LOL.

All that said, looking forward to become a contributing member of the firearms community and this forum.

Larry

Hi Larry, thanks for the great intro and thanks for your service in the Navy. Sounds like you have a great collection started already... looking forward to your next purchases. Hope you're able to find someone to sponsor you at Harvard. I was there recently as a guest (2nd time there) and it's got some great ranges. Be safe out there and have fun!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Fritz here.
I joined a few weeks ago after a Bing search for local forums and found this one. So far I like what I have seen and read here.
I live in the Berkshire Hills and have been shooting for as long as I can remember. Mostly rifle some pistol and the occasional round (or four) of trap.
The majority of my rifle shooting is rim fire offhand at 100 yards to practice for silhouette matches. The rifle of choice is a Remington 513-t with Redfield aperture sights. I do some 50 yard bench rest rimfire matches when I have time. For that I use a BSA Martini with Parker Hale aperture sights.
For centerfire silhouette I normally use a Marlin 336 in 35 Remy but will occasionally lob some 45-70 from a Ruger #1.
If the target of the day is paint cans then I prefer the Remington 700 in 25-06.
I like your forum so far. Hopefully I will dive in on some conversation here before too long!

Last edited:
Hey all, Im Ethan. I ended up in the forum on multiple occasions through different google searches and decided to join recently and went green last week. Ive had my ltc about a year now and have purchased a few guns. I'm fairly new to firearms, having only used them a few times growing up in boyscouts. However, id like to think im catching on quickly. I look forward to continuing to learn and enjoying the sport.

Fritz here.
I joined a few weeks ago after a Bing search for local forums and found this one. So far I like what I have seen and read here.
I live in the Berkshire Hills and have been shooting for as long as I can remember. Mostly rifle some pistol and the occasional round (or four) of trap.
The majority of my rifle shooting is rim fire offhand at 100 yards to practice for silhouette matches. The rifle of choice is a Remington 513-t with Redfield aperture sights. I do some 50 yard bench rest rimfire matches when I have time. For that I use a BSA Martini with Parker Hale aperture sights.
For centerfire silhouette I normally use a Marlin 336 in 35 Remy but will occasionally lob some 45-70 from a Ruger #1.
If the target of the day is paint cans then I prefer the Remington 700 in 25-06.
I like your forum so far. Hopefully I will dive in on some conversation here before too long!

Hi Fritz. Welcome to NES! This is the right place for you when it comes to gun ownership, Rights and the shooting sports.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the show!

~Matt

Hey all, Im Ethan. I ended up in the forum on multiple occasions through different google searches and decided to join recently and went green last week. Ive had my ltc about a year now and have purchased a few guns. I'm fairly new to firearms, having only used them a few times growing up in boyscouts. However, id like to think im catching on quickly. I look forward to continuing to learn and enjoying the sport.

Hi Ethan! Glad you joined NES. This is a great entry-level site for firearms and their uses. Great place for all kinds of info actually.
Please enjoy NES as much as we all do, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to gain knowledge and insight to Our Heritage.

Souljaofgod is a great handle by the way!

~Matt

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! Fresh face to the forum and to the state of MA, and Fitchburg specifically. Joined up here because I found out that what I thought I knew about gun laws was going to be tossed out the window upon moving here. Needed to find a community that could help me navigate this mess, and this appears to be the place. I'm in the process of obtaining my LTC, and my interview is next week. Otherwise, I'm looking for places to shoot and stores to peruse as I know nothing of the local area. Everything here is new to me, so I'm seeking to learn all the nuances present in this state, as confusing and convoluted as they may be. See you around the boards!

Hello, everyone! Fresh face to the forum and to the state of MA, and Fitchburg specifically. Joined up here because I found out that what I thought I knew about gun laws was going to be tossed out the window upon moving here. Needed to find a community that could help me navigate this mess, and this appears to be the place. I'm in the process of obtaining my LTC, and my interview is next week. Otherwise, I'm looking for places to shoot and stores to peruse as I know nothing of the local area. Everything here is new to me, so I'm seeking to learn all the nuances present in this state, as confusing and convoluted as they may be. See you around the boards!

Hi Transplant, great to see you found this forum and welcome to MA! Looks like Fitchburg R&G, North Leominster R&G, Leominster Sportsman's Association, Shirley R&G are all surrounding your area. I've been to Leominster Sportsman's Association years ago as a guest. It was a nice place to shoot. I can't speak for the other places as I haven't been, you'll have to look around for what people are saying or go to their websites and check them out for yourself. Look forward to seeing you around the forum in the threads.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello!
My name is Andy, I'm a new member, I'm on the Worcester/Holden line and currently a member at MassFirearms which is a great range but I'm looking for something closer so I have an application in at the Worcester Pistol Club. My two adult sons and I all have our LTCs and we go to the range at least weekly. My wife is applying for her LTC and she's been coming with us to the range and she's quite a shot.

My daily carry is a Ruger LC9S in warmer weather and a Beretta 92FS in weather where I can wear bulky enough clothes that it doesn't print. I love the Beretta and since extra practice as well as a comfort grip addition I'm getting there with the Ruger.

This is a great forum, I lurked for many months before I decided to join and I've learned a lot on here.
My favorite gun shop is Four Seasons in Woburn and I also like Tombstone Trading out in Brookfield.
Anyway, thanks for accepting my membership here.

Hello!
My name is Andy, I'm a new member, I'm on the Worcester/Holden line and currently a member at MassFirearms which is a great range but I'm looking for something closer so I have an application in at the Worcester Pistol Club. My two adult sons and I all have our LTCs and we go to the range at least weekly. My wife is applying for her LTC and she's been coming with us to the range and she's quite a shot.

My daily carry is a Ruger LC9S in warmer weather and a Beretta 92FS in weather where I can wear bulky enough clothes that it doesn't print. I love the Beretta and since extra practice as well as a comfort grip addition I'm getting there with the Ruger.

This is a great forum, I lurked for many months before I decided to join and I've learned a lot on here.
My favorite gun shop is Four Seasons in Woburn and I also like Tombstone Trading out in Brookfield.
Anyway, thanks for accepting my membership here.

Hi Andy. Welcome to NES. Thanks for stopping by and posting something about yourself. Great to hear you're a family of shootings! Wish your wife's LTC will come in sooner rather than later. I've been to Four Seasons once or twice in my MA lifetime. Crowded place every time I went there... just wasn't my style. Glad you like it. They do have a lot of selection and good pricing usually.

Hope to see you around the forum. Stay safe and have fun!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Welcome to NES Transplant. You will find a ton of helpful info and helpful members on NES. Enjoy!

Hello my name is Mike Manning , I’m from North Carolina , eastern part. I’m 54 , 35 yr heavy equipment mechanic. and I have been in love with the shooting sports since the age of about 13 , I reload and getting into casting , some light firearms repair.
I found a post Mr. Bill had put out on a shooting site about upcoming casting class.

Hello my name is Mike Manning , I’m from North Carolina , eastern part. I’m 54 , 35 yr heavy equipment mechanic. and I have been in love with the shooting sports since the age of about 13 , I reload and getting into casting , some light firearms repair.
I found a post Mr. Bill had put out on a shooting site about upcoming casting class.

Hi Mike. Welcome to NES! I don't know who Mr. Bill is but I'm still glad you've found your way here to our community. See you around, looking forward to seeing your posts.

-Cindy [mg]

Hello,
My name is Alex and I've been utilizing the forums for around a year now, finally made an account! I've been shooting for around 12 years now and I was a rifle instructor for 2 years. Currently reside in the Boston area. Recently got my LTC and I'm looking forward to learn more.

Hello everyone, Russ from Berwick, ME. I'm a lifelong hunter and shooter recently bitten by the competition bug. I've started doing some outlaw USPSA and 3-Gun matches with my local club, and to be expected have spent waaaaaaay too much money on it. I'm having a blast doing it, and may be looking to try a few outside my local area next year.

I've also recently gotten back into reloading, i did a lot as a teen in the 80's with my dad, and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Another thing to spend too much money on, currently reloading for 14 different calibers....

No ME moose permit for me this year, guess I'll have to make it up with deer and partridge!

Feel free to drop me a message to say hi!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Mike from Medford here. Recently got my LTC with Target & Hunting restriction after applying in my town back in Jul.

I didn't waste any time picking up my first firearm, a Sig P320C from the great folks over at Four Seasons Woburn. This morning I put the first 200 rounds through it and I am very impressed, however I think the sights need a slight adjustment (grouping deviates a bit to the left).

Hoping to join Mass Rifle Association soon, dropping off an application tomorrow morning. I look forward to joining the community!

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_135318.jpg
    IMG_20180929_135318.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 9
Hello,
My name is Alex and I've been utilizing the forums for around a year now, finally made an account! I've been shooting for around 12 years now and I was a rifle instructor for 2 years. Currently reside in the Boston area. Recently got my LTC and I'm looking forward to learn more.

Hi Alex. Welcome to the NES , thanks for making an account. Glad you've found the community to be useful for information. I hope to see you post more and perhaps drop some advice and knowledge to newcomers.

-Cindy

Hello everyone, Russ from Berwick, ME. I'm a lifelong hunter and shooter recently bitten by the competition bug. I've started doing some outlaw USPSA and 3-Gun matches with my local club, and to be expected have spent waaaaaaay too much money on it. I'm having a blast doing it, and may be looking to try a few outside my local area next year.

I've also recently gotten back into reloading, i did a lot as a teen in the 80's with my dad, and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Another thing to spend too much money on, currently reloading for 14 different calibers....

No ME moose permit for me this year, guess I'll have to make it up with deer and partridge!

Feel free to drop me a message to say hi!

Hi Russ, welcome to NES. Cool, lots of other USPSA, comp, and reloading guys on the forum and def some who live in ME. Good luck and have fun!

-Cindy

Hi everyone,

Mike from Medford here. Recently got my LTC with Target & Hunting restriction after applying in my town back in Jul.

I didn't waste any time picking up my first firearm, a Sig P320C from the great folks over at Four Seasons Woburn. This morning I put the first 200 rounds through it and I am very impressed, however I think the sights need a slight adjustment (grouping deviates a bit to the left).

Hoping to join Mass Rifle Association soon, dropping off an application tomorrow morning. I look forward to joining the community!

Hey Mike, 'grats on your LTC and your first Sig, probably won't be your last either! I was a member at MRA before I moved outta state. Nice club... usually pretty empty when I went which is why I liked it. I hope you get in soon. Is there a wait?

-Cindy

Hey Mike, 'grats on your LTC and your first Sig, probably won't be your last either! I was a member at MRA before I moved outta state. Nice club... usually pretty empty when I went which is why I liked it. I hope you get in soon. Is there a wait?

-Cindy

Thanks Cindy,

Yeah it's the closest to home and I was scheduled for a membership exam in two weeks. Beats driving to the Manchester firing line...

Hi, new here. Will be moving to metro west in November (assigned to Hanscom). Grew up hunting quail and shooting backyard clay pigeons as a teen in Indiana over the holidays. Shot some non-competitive .22 bullseye in a club in college with a S&W 41. Qualified on the M9 and M4 in the USAF. Looking to find a club for friendly trap/skeet, small bore rifle and maybe some 9mm pistol to keep current trigger time between quals. Found this site googling MA laws.

Grant

Last edited:
Hi, new here. Will be moving to metro west in November (assigned to Hanscom). Grew up hunting quail and shooting backyard clay pigeons as a teen in Indiana over the holidays. Shot some non-competitive .22 bullseye in a club in college with a S&W 41. Qualified on the M9 and M4 in the USAF. Looking to find a club for friendly trap/skeet, small bore rifle and maybe some 9mm pistol to keep current trigger time between quals (if the LTC process isn't too crazy--found this site googling MA laws).

Grant

Hi Grant. Welcome! Lots of folks from the Metrowest area are on here. Good luck with your process and keep us posted. Look/search Gun Ranges & Clubs for a club in your area. Look forward to seeing you post more around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Thanks, Cindy!

Looks like I need to get two reference letters and a letter to the chief drafted in addition to getting a MA DL, utilities statement safety course and application completed before scheduling my interview.

Woburn Sportsmen's and Mass Rifle look like they could be good fits for me.

Grant

Thanks, Cindy!

Looks like I need to get two reference letters and a letter to the chief drafted in addition to getting a MA DL, utilities statement safety course and application completed before scheduling my interview.

Woburn Sportsmen's and Mass Rifle look like they could be good fits for me.

Grant

I was a member of MRA when I lived in MA. Great club. Good luck with everything!

-Cindy

Back
Top Bottom