New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Everyone,
Been a random lurker for a bit but now that I find myself signing in weekly and taking advantage of the classifieds, I figure its time to introduce myself. Found this site using google-fu to research several different topics and a lot of the more useful information discovered has come from here.

Live out in Western Mass and started shooting in the Air Guard. Not being in SF I don't get to shoot much so I figured I get my own guns instead of waiting around for my re-qual every year. As soon as I moved out of Boston a couple years ago I got my license and the collection keeps growing.

Currently a member at Ludlow Fish and Game and Norwottuck Fish and Game and I just picked up a lifetime membership to GOAL.

Thanks for the great information.

Jamie

Hello Everyone,
Been a random lurker for a bit but now that I find myself signing in weekly and taking advantage of the classifieds, I figure its time to introduce myself. Found this site using google-fu to research several different topics and a lot of the more useful information discovered has come from here.

Live out in Western Mass and started shooting in the Air Guard. Not being in SF I don't get to shoot much so I figured I get my own guns instead of waiting around for my re-qual every year. As soon as I moved out of Boston a couple years ago I got my license and the collection keeps growing.

Currently a member at Ludlow Fish and Game and Norwottuck Fish and Game and I just picked up a lifetime membership to GOAL.

Thanks for the great information.

Jamie

Hi Jamie! Welcome to NES. Glad you're finding the forum to be of good use and have good information for you. Consider joining us as green (paid) member. You can partake in meet and greets, giveaways, and members only discussion threads. Either way, cheers! Stay safe and have fun. See you around the forum.

-Cindy [mg]

Hello Everyone,
I'm currently living and working in Germany (Originally From Dublin, Ireland) but won't be for much longer as I will be moving to Cape Cod to be with my Wife.
I'm a Traditionally trained Gunmaker by trade having just completed my a dual apprenticeship here in Germany. So i'll be continuing to work in the same field once I sort out my green card ( It would seem I need two in MA haha)
I've been into firearms, shooting and hunting for 15 years or so. I'm an avid hunter and whilst back home in Ireland I also took part regularly in national shooting competitions etc..
Im interested in collecting, restoring, building firearms and I also love reloading. I love all types or Firearms antique to modern. But I have a special place in my heart for full autos, well and precision rifles.
I found this site quite a long time ago and have been lurking for a long time.
Anyway Take care,
Sam.

Hello everyone

My brother introduced me to the NES site back in the beginning of the year when I was applying for my LTC. I’m from SE Mass, but live in Boston now. I’ve been around firearms all my life (I used to spend hours at the 22 range in the Boy Scouts), but only recently made the life-change to get my LTC and own my own firearms.

A huge shoutout to the NES community for the information I’ve learned so far, and to my brother in particular for his mentoring throughout the (long) process of getting my LTC, purchasing my first handgun, and most importantly, time at the range.

Since I’ve gotten my LTC, I’ve joined the Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club (orientation next month), and as of today, I’m now officially a “green” NES member. My EDC is a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 9mm and my “fun gun” for the range right now is a Ruger GP 100 6”. Figuring out what to get next. :rolleyes:

So far, I’ve taken Len-2A Training’s MA Gun Laws for Non Lawyers class (well worth the time and highly reccommended) and plan on continuing with other training courses. I’ve taken 2 new shooters to the range so far, and I’ve got two more lined up.

Looking forward to continuing the conversations!

Darren

Hello everyone

My brother introduced me to the NES site back in the beginning of the year when I was applying for my LTC. I’m from SE Mass, but live in Boston now. I’ve been around firearms all my life (I used to spend hours at the 22 range in the Boy Scouts), but only recently made the life-change to get my LTC and own my own firearms.

A huge shoutout to the NES community for the information I’ve learned so far, and to my brother in particular for his mentoring throughout the (long) process of getting my LTC, purchasing my first handgun, and most importantly, time at the range.

Since I’ve gotten my LTC, I’ve joined the Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club (orientation next month), and as of today, I’m now officially a “green” NES member. My EDC is a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 9mm and my “fun gun” for the range right now is a Ruger GP 100 6”. Figuring out what to get next. :rolleyes:

So far, I’ve taken Len-2A Training’s MA Gun Laws for Non Lawyers class (well worth the time and highly reccommended) and plan on continuing with other training courses. I’ve taken 2 new shooters to the range so far, and I’ve got two more lined up.

Looking forward to continuing the conversations!

Darren

Hi Darren. Sounds like you're top member material ;) Props to your brother for introducing you to this community. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for LTC information. I'm also from SE MA (Quincy) but now live in the Mid Atlantic area in Virginia. Nice purchases you've made so far. How are you like the 2.0 Shield? I've got the first version of the Shield myself but my EDC now is a G43 :cool: I've never taken Len's classes before but know others who have and have heard he is a top notch instructor.

And because you're now a greenie, please check out this month's gun giveaway if you haven't already. Be sure to read the rules in the first post: NES/MFS June Giveaway *** FNX .45 Tactical***

And again, if you haven't already, definitely check out the members only section of the forum. You'll find karma (free member giveaways), group buys, meets and greets, and shoots.

Thank you for supporting NES. Look forward to seeing your posts around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

How are you like the 2.0 Shield? I've got the first version of the Shield myself but my EDC now is a G43 :cool:

Thanks Cindy. I’m REALLY liking the Shield. I did get the Apex trigger put in it right after I got it. I tried the G43, Ruger LC9S, and Shield at a range outing and the Shield was the best for me by far. My brother’s EDC is the G43 as well. Different things work for different people, as I’ve found out, so it comes down to that. I’m adding a G42 to my list today, actually, so something a little smaller for the ligher summer clothes.

Good morning everyone!

I found NES while researching the Boston LTC process. You folks seems like a decent and informative community and that's why I'm here

Grew up in NH with a couple of .22's in the back yard. My wife and I have been to public shooting ranges a half dozen times or so but aside from that, I'm relatively new to firearms. I've lived in Boston proper for the past 13 years and finally decided to pursue my LTC. MA, and Boston in particular, do a great job of trying to dissuade those who aren't serious about it from owning firearms. I started the same process 10 years ago but never finished it. So, I restarted it all again back in January. Hope to have license in hand in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to the next steps and exploring the community.

-Dave

Hi Dave. Welcome to NES. Thanks for the intro post. Wow, started in January? Long time... hoping you get your LTC soon as well! Good luck with it. In the mean time, keep perusing through the forum and consider becoming a green (paid) member at some point. You'll not only be supporting this great community, you'll get access to member only threads which only giveaways, shoots, meet ups, and group buys as well.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Dave. Welcome to NES. Thanks for the intro post. Wow, started in January? Long time... hoping you get your LTC soon as well! Good luck with it. In the mean time, keep perusing through the forum and consider becoming a green (paid) member at some point. You'll not only be supporting this great community, you'll get access to member only threads which only giveaways, shoots, meet ups, and group buys as well.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, started in January. Assuming all goes well, I plan on giving a detailed account, including the timeline, in the "guide to gun rights in your MA town" thread. Going green is tied to actually receiving my license as well. Clean record, so I can't imagine I'd be denied, but we'll have to wait and see about restrictions and timeline. Group buys are always enticing and most likely make up for the relatively small membership fee/dues you folks have.

Thanks again.
-Dave

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, started in January. Assuming all goes well, I plan on giving a detailed account, including the timeline, in the "guide to gun rights in your MA town" thread. Going green is tied to actually receiving my license as well. Clean record, so I can't imagine I'd be denied, but we'll have to wait and see about restrictions and timeline. Group buys are always enticing and most likely make up for the relatively small membership fee/dues you folks have.

Thanks again.
-Dave

Oh yeah, absolutely. If you're interested in doing the group buys... that's worth it. I think also, you need to be green to do the classifieds stuff too. Yes, please do a timeline post once you're finished with the process. I'm sure everyone would like to see it, especially anyone else looking to go through the same process as you in the same city.

Hello Everyone. Not technically a new member, but it's been a good bit since I've been here. So figured I'd check in here first.

I'm in Chelmsford, MA and at one point was a pretty active member here. Until a job loss put me in difficult financial situation. Had to take a sabbatical because the classifieds and group buys were like crack to me. Reading some recent news articles sent me right back home to get the lowdown. Still working on building my new career, so I'll probably refrain from going green until I can support my classifieds habit again. It's great to be back and look forward to catching up.

RJ

Hello Everyone. Not technically a new member, but it's been a good bit since I've been here. So figured I'd check in here first.

I'm in Chelmsford, MA and at one point was a pretty active member here. Until a job loss put me in difficult financial situation. Had to take a sabbatical because the classifieds and group buys were like crack to me. Reading some recent news articles sent me right back home to get the lowdown. Still working on building my new career, so I'll probably refrain from going green until I can support my classifieds habit again. It's great to be back and look forward to catching up.

RJ

Hi RJ,

We welcome you (back) the same! Sorry to hear about your financial situation. That always sucks... I wish you the best of luck in your new career. Give a shout if you think anyone on the forum can give you advice or any help... that's what we're here for.

Cheers [mg]

-Cindy

First post.. New shooter.. My name is Mark & I live in Holden, MA. Joined NES due to the fact that I'm a research junkie & it seemed like every time I was googling something a thread from NES would pop up so I kept coming back. I'd been impatiently waiting for my LTC to come in so in the meantime i signed up as a range member at Mass Firearm School & shot a large variety of pistols trying to find my ideal gun. Two favorite guns I've shot were the Sig P229 & Sig P320c. I do really like the Glocks as well, but I seemed to shoot low left with every model i tried. I'm gonna go ahead and just blame the triggers (can't possibly be the shit shooter). I also decided to do a Poly80 build to pass the time, so I have a nice G26 with Hyve trigger & TruGlo Tritium Pro night sights. Of course I didn't complete the build till my LTC came in because I want want to be a nice law abiding citizen. :) I picked up my LTC at the Police station today, so when the wife gets home from work and takes over child care duties my ass will be heading out to MA firearm school with my G26, purchasing a new P320c & shooting the heck out of both. Look forward to watching & contributing to the threads as my knowledge & ability grows.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome aboard Mark! It looks like you're the jump right in, no hesitation type. That Poly80 build looks like fun. Give us a range report on it after you've put some down the pipe.

I finally got to shoot it last night. Far exceeded my expectations. Put 80 rds of 115g fmj & 10 147g hollow point through it with no issues at all with the exception of the slide not locking open after the last round was fired 2 out of 9 times. Based on reviews from others, this is a common issue that usually works itself out completely after about 200 rounds. Had to break in the 320 too so I didn’t get as many round through it as I would have liked.

Attachments

• 330C1ED1-8427-4AEA-A8EC-41E7FC713F57.jpeg
    330C1ED1-8427-4AEA-A8EC-41E7FC713F57.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
I finally got to shoot it last night. Far exceeded my expectations. Put 80 rds of 115g fmj & 10 147g hollow point through it with no issues at all with the exception of the slide not locking open after the last round was fired 2 out of 9 times. Based on reviews from others, this is a common issue that usually works itself out completely after about 200 rounds. Had to break in the 320 too so I didn’t get as many round through it as I would have liked.

Just a follow up. Ran another 100 rounds through the g26 today & it ran flawlessly. Slide locked back every time.

Instead of a "I'm new, hi everyone" how about a "I'mmmm BAAAAAACCCCK!!!"

Y'all haven't seen my shiny new GP100 since the last shoot I was allowed to go to; you're in for a treat! ...assuming my unit ever figures out how to schedule drill on a day that ISN'T a friggin Monadnock shoot.

Instead of a "I'm new, hi everyone" how about a "I'mmmm BAAAAAACCCCK!!!"

Y'all haven't seen my shiny new GP100 since the last shoot I was allowed to go to; you're in for a treat! ...assuming my unit ever figures out how to schedule drill on a day that ISN'T a friggin Monadnock shoot.

Welcome back, brosef [wave] Hope to see you at a shoot again.

First post.. New shooter.. My name is Mark & I live in Holden, MA. Joined NES due to the fact that I'm a research junkie & it seemed like every time I was googling something a thread from NES would pop up so I kept coming back. I'd been impatiently waiting for my LTC to come in so in the meantime i signed up as a range member at Mass Firearm School & shot a large variety of pistols trying to find my ideal gun. Two favorite guns I've shot were the Sig P229 & Sig P320c. I do really like the Glocks as well, but I seemed to shoot low left with every model i tried. I'm gonna go ahead and just blame the triggers (can't possibly be the shit shooter). I also decided to do a Poly80 build to pass the time, so I have a nice G26 with Hyve trigger & TruGlo Tritium Pro night sights. Of course I didn't complete the build till my LTC came in because I want want to be a nice law abiding citizen. :) I picked up my LTC at the Police station today, so when the wife gets home from work and takes over child care duties my ass will be heading out to MA firearm school with my G26, purchasing a new P320c & shooting the heck out of both. Look forward to watching & contributing to the threads as my knowledge & ability grows.

Welcome aboard Mark. Over in Holden as well and a member at Nimrod. If interested I can take you up there for some pew pewing.

Welcome aboard Mark. Over in Holden as well and a member at Nimrod. If interested I can take you up there for some pew pewing.

I have an application in at Nimrod. Would definitely take you up on that offer. I’d love to check out the range as I only have experience shooting indoors. Was actually thinking of heading there on Thursday to embarrass myself trying to shoot some trap (no experience).

Ya know....hello :) the last time I found a resource base this deep, was pmq, which is a pizza owner place... I needed both of you lol. Tacos guys!

Meh...Tacos/thanks.... Same shit. Leaving it there.

3rd favorite website for the red sox fans out there, would be.. (updooted) Sons of Sam Horn

I have an application in at Nimrod. Would definitely take you up on that offer. I’d love to check out the range as I only have experience shooting indoors. Was actually thinking of heading there on Thursday to embarrass myself trying to shoot some trap (no experience).
Not happening until the fall...but by then, you will be able to teach me hopefully!! I'll def buy the ammo if your club....

Hello!

New to the forum but have lurked before looking through the classifieds. My dad was a deer hunter and reserve police officer in Michigan and he taught me about guns when I was a little kid. Making an effort now to polish up my skills and make some changes in my gun collection and do some survival prep. Looks like there's a lot of great advice and information here!

Hello!

New to the forum but have lurked before looking through the classifieds. My dad was a deer hunter and reserve police officer in Michigan and he taught me about guns when I was a little kid. Making an effort now to polish up my skills and make some changes in my gun collection and do some survival prep. Looks like there's a lot of great advice and information here!

Hi KDallas. Welcome to NES! Sounds good, hope you'll enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Thanks for supporting the forum by being a green member!!

-Cindy

Semi-new to the forum and firearms overall. Lots of good stuff on here and learning a ton!

Hi rockets, glad to hear you're enjoying the forum!! Thanks for the quick intro, I see you've been registered on the site for a little while. Consider becoming a green member... in case you haven't discovered it, you'll be able to participate in the giveaways, meet ups, free giveaways (karma), and you'll be supporting a great community. Either way, cheers! Keep enjoying and see you around the forum.

-Cindy

Back
Top Bottom