What did you buy today?

I got a bunch of ammo... Different calibers, some BP, some sabot rounds for my muzzle loader, some IMR 4895, some cleaning stuff, primers, and some other stuff that I didn't really NEED, but wanted.

I redid the inside of my grill yesterday, so I got a new burner, drip/vapor bar. I got one of those racks, so I can smoke 6 racks of ribs at once. Some wood chips for the smoker, and a temp gage for the front of the grill.

Then to the local hardware store that has Husqvarna chain saws, and picked up a new bar and chain for my saw, some wasp and hornet spray, and some other little things...

Be interesting to see what the final sales figures are. I see loads of people from Mass. in New Hampshire shopping every day, mostly on weekends. I don't think a tax-free holiday is any big deal, because people have come to New Hampshire regularly for years to make purchases without paying taxes. It's kind of like going on vacation in down-town Boston if you're from Boston. Who does it?

Except that if they buy something out of state now and don't pay the "Use Tax", they are commiting a crime in Massachusetts. Although I've never seen anyone charged with it.

You should have seen the Conga line outside Best Buy in Marlborough on Saturday. There was one small U-haul truck, and someone had rented the Home Depot delivery truck. All picking up HUGE TVs. And I walked out with little tiny SD cards. (^_^)

Quick Pics of my new Browning

My new-to-me Browning Citori Lightning Grade 3 at Northeast Trading. I'll try to
get pics soon.

F

browning1.JPG

browning2.JPG

browning3.JPG

F

As my collector's permit will be knocking on the door any day, I had to buy
this baby yesterday
HPlinks.jpg

She's WaA marked and has to stay with the seller for another week or so, before she can move into her new home.

Her older sister is going to follow her soon; FN1900 of 1903/04 vintage
linksmitSchachtel.jpg

Thanks !
She'll come with the spare mag, cleaning accessories and hopefully the
original box. Not bad for for approx. $ 195.-[smile]

The Hi Power arrived today: what a beauty, too.
The seller threw in a Danish marked holster w/ brass cleaning rod,
along with a spare mag as freebies.
Think, I'm going to deal with him again[kiss]

Tax Free Day

I only bought a new S&W M952 at Four Seasons to join the two new S&W 1911s I bought the prev Tuesday. Got there early and found them open with only four to six customers besides myself. Out the door before nine and onward to Magnum Sports to pick up two S&W revolvers, a M28 (no dash) .357 in decent shape, mfgd circa 1959, and a Fourth Model Hand Ejector Model of 1950, 5 screw, .44 Apl, mfgd circa 1952 - 1954. What a day!!!

There comes a time when one says “I am not getting any younger and do not have that much more time to enjoy the toys!”

Please do not mention to the wife if you know her, and I doubt that you do! :)

dd

Congrats, dd !

The guy who offered me the FN 1900 is playing games, so I let this one simmer on a small flame.

I had to compensate for that and went on a shopping spree today:
Stumbled over a dealer's website and saw some interesting pistols listed
for a very small buck.
Drove 100 miles one way, and ended up with a Walther PPk in .22 lr w/holster, and
another PPk in .32 Browning.
By the serials they are likely from the 60's, and even have the lanyard loop. They are NEW and have spent all of their life in a safe. They were from estates of old hunters who passed away.
Then I couldn't leave the .32 Mauser HSc alone, and took this one also.
Execellent condition plus a spare mag. She has a small scratch, but appears unfired.
500 Euros ($ 640) for all 3 of them[party]

I'll take some pics over the weekend and post them here.

Last edited:
[dance] Good news;I bought a S & W model 41 with a 7" barrel and red dot scope! Bad news; it's on back order for 2 weeks, sigh.

Back
Top Bottom