What did you do in the reloading room recently?

yeah.. exactly what I mean.. I have a single stage press...been at it for a couple of years now.. that's exactly what I do now.. measure a few dumps.. load 10-20, measure to check, then finish the tray.. pulling each case in and out of the tray and into the press multiple times.. Between the powder measure stand, the auto priming tool attachment, hoping to streamline just a little bit.. Maybe I can expand and prime in one press step, then powder load in the tray.. then just pull from the tray to seat the bullets

I have no problem loading 50 at a time..
Got it. I have a turret press. What I do with my 9mm cases is I decap, size then clean in my wet tumbler. Once dry they go in a plastic ammo can. When that can gets close to full I'll prime and flare the cases, which go in another can. When I load them I'm just throwing powder and seating bullets.

Made some .45 Colt loads for a new (to me) Uberti single actin revolver. It hit low so I made up some slow heavy bullet loads and it hits right on. I could file the front sight but it's such a good shooter, I'm reluctant to mess with it.
Yeah leave it be. Heavy bullets are cooler anyway

Ooooooo. Have you loaded any yet? I still need to load some.

I just picked up a new toy so I need to make more 9mm.
I've loaded a few but haven't fired any
Might just get back in the woods this fall with them.
I do have to rave about the mold yet again - once it is warmed up it just rains slugs with a couple of sharp wraps on the handles (but I find I need to use channel locks to get the first pours off the pins)

I've loaded a few but haven't fired any
Might just get back in the woods this fall with them.
I do have to rave about the mold yet again - once it is warmed up it just rains slugs with a couple of sharp wraps on the handles (but I find I need to use channel locks to get the first pours off the pins)
Have you tried polishing the pins a bit? It helps with the first few but so does a good serious preheat. It’s amazing how much better his product is than a run of the mill production mould.

Have you tried polishing the pins a bit? It helps with the first few but so does a good serious preheat. It’s amazing how much better his product is than a run of the mill production mould.
No - I'm too lazy
They start dropping easily after 8-10 drops and then you simply worry about keeping the pot full. And a single pot yields enough to keep me busy for a while.
Once I get the 360 really setup then I may spend an afternoon and cast up forty or fifty pounds and have enough for years.
Also trying to stay away from thinking about shot droppers...

No - I'm too lazy
They start dropping easily after 8-10 drops and then you simply worry about keeping the pot full. And a single pot yields enough to keep me busy for a while.
Once I get the 360 really setup then I may spend an afternoon and cast up forty or fifty pounds and have enough for years.
Also trying to stay away from thinking about shot droppers...
That’s a slippery slope. Next thing you know you’re getting a $5k trap gun to justify your shot addiction.

Made up some .44 magnum loads with Titegroup, Unique, 2400, IMR4227, and H4227. All with a 240 grain cast bullet. I shot them out of a model 29 offhand at 25 yards and accuracy was about the same across the board. This is the first time I've shot a .44 magnum since the carpal tunnel surgery and the recoil was painful. I think I'll stick with the .45 auto for a while longer.

Made up some .44 magnum loads with Titegroup, Unique, 2400, IMR4227, and H4227. All with a 240 grain cast bullet. I shot them out of a model 29 offhand at 25 yards and accuracy was about the same across the board. This is the first time I've shot a .44 magnum since the carpal tunnel surgery and the recoil was painful. I think I'll stick with the .45 auto for a while longer.
Yikes yeah take it easy

I think I'll stick with the .45 auto for a while longer.
Forever wouldn't be a terrible thing, IMHO, with apologies to some of our magnum big bore enthusiasts. Not casting shade on the big blasters by any means, but I know what I enjoy shooting, and .45ACP is "in the zone" whether from a semi-auto or a revolver. YMMV

Anyone use damn good bullets? They gave away a bunch at a recent match, I ended up with 600. I'll probably load them the same as my other 124 and use them in the PCC
Here are some Damn Good 147 FP’s I loaded the other night along with some Blue Bullets, they have a real nice poly coating… They’re very similar to the blue bullets in shape, size and coating! Look like very good quality. I’ll be shooting them next weekend…

Attachments

• 5B997305-C051-43E1-A7E5-BD9F29FF89B5.jpeg
    5B997305-C051-43E1-A7E5-BD9F29FF89B5.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 1E7DEC93-A332-4B0D-9AC1-58D8A9F8845A.jpeg
    1E7DEC93-A332-4B0D-9AC1-58D8A9F8845A.jpeg
    537.1 KB · Views: 14
I deprimed, resized and trimmed about 400 cases I found at the club. Most are 30/06 but there are 308, 264 Winchester magnum and 7.62x39 in there as well. The first batch is in the cleaner right now.
Wow, I did not get a single piece of brass at club this whole season, u r lucky! :)
Don’t need any, of course, just odd. And thx for the last batch of 6.5cm, I actually plan upon loading up a 100 of it with LRPs today.

100 rounds of .44 mag, 50 rounds of .44 Spl. and 50 rounds of 9mm (not really worth my time).
The magnums are 240 grainers over 23 and 24gn. of H110. Mainly for use in the Marlin, but may put a few through the 629. The .44 special are something different? A 180 grain XTP over 5 grains of Titegroup. The powder difference is astonishing (to this relatively new reloader at least). Should be a middle of the road special load, though there’s not much data out there so I tried to hedge my bets.

I’m using a Lee breech lock hand press and a Lyman digital scale, so this is truly a labor of love.
3441AADD-37F5-46DB-B86D-0BAC7F3D27DA.jpeg

100 rounds of .44 mag, 50 rounds of .44 Spl. and 50 rounds of 9mm (not really worth my time).
The magnums are 240 grainers over 23 and 24gn. of H110. Mainly for use in the Marlin, but may put a few through the 629. The .44 special are something different? A 180 grain XTP over 5 grains of Titegroup. The powder difference is astonishing (to this relatively new reloader at least). Should be a middle of the road special load, though there’s not much data out there so I tried to hedge my bets.

I’m using a Lee breech lock hand press and a Lyman digital scale, so this is truly a labor of love.
View attachment 659239
3F1E7733-1935-4793-9424-37C76E848511.gif

What will you shoot the .44 Specials out of?

This ridiculous thing,

2246C9BB-1E6F-4CA6-9DC7-65860D98B338.jpeg

629 performance center competitor. It’s phenomenal but I can’t help laugh a little (with a shit eating grin) every time I pick it up. The full lug weighted barrel makes magnum loads relatively agreeable, but there’s still the pressure issue. I shoot with my wife a lot and while she can handle the .44 magnum loads, they’re not as fun for extended use for her.

I acquired some new, primed starline 44spl. brass a little while back along with some other .44 brass, and figured ‘why not?’. We’ll see how it goes with the Titegroup.

I did up 175 rounds of 223 after finding my reserve was getting low after my last range trip.

I unintentionally followed the Andrew method this year, reloaded a ton in winter/spring and basically nothing all summer except shoot the reloads I had previously made (some 9mm on the Dillon aside).

Debating getting into shotshell reloading now that I'm doing clays/FITASC.

Debating getting into shotshell reloading now that I'm doing clays/FITASC.

Given the price of primers and 25 pound bags of shot, I think it is now actually more expensive to reload clay sport shotshells than to buy them (assuming we're talking about 100 round bulk packs). But I do it anyway because it's fun, and I'm pretty low volume on shotgun. I use a Pacific DL266 and like it.

Last edited:
Here are some Damn Good 147 FP’s I loaded the other night along with some Blue Bullets, they have a real nice poly coating… They’re very similar to the blue bullets in shape, size and coating! Look like very good quality. I’ll be shooting them next weekend…
For some reason, looking at the neatly arranged rows of 9mm WITHOUT a box makes me anxious... like dominos ready to fall.

For some reason, looking at the neatly arranged rows of 9mm WITHOUT a box makes me anxious... like dominos ready to fall.
So does this make your anxiety better or worse? 😂 😂

Attachments

• 1FFCC598-6466-4628-A244-2AB7695CD93E.jpeg
    1FFCC598-6466-4628-A244-2AB7695CD93E.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 15
  • B5E57459-765D-4289-A30F-4488E56EB47F.jpeg
    B5E57459-765D-4289-A30F-4488E56EB47F.jpeg
    468.3 KB · Views: 15
I tried Titegroup in .44 Special but my model 24 didn't do well with them. It shot better with Unique.
How were they not doing well? Inaccurate/inconsistent? I know Titegroup isn’t supposed to be position sensitive, but 5 grains in the .44 special cases barely covered the bottom, I did them in small batches to avoid a double charge, which would be easy to do with so little powder.

I should get some Unique, I see it in load data all over the place.

How were they not doing well? Inaccurate/inconsistent? I know Titegroup isn’t supposed to be position sensitive, but 5 grains in the .44 special cases barely covered the bottom, I did them in small batches to avoid a double charge, which would be easy to do with so little powder.

I should get some Unique, I see it in load data all over the place.
TG is definitely position sensitive.

TG is definitely position sensitive.
Ohhh, good info.

Back
Top Bottom