your carry gun

this may seem like an odd question but I see alot of people making mention of carrying more than one gun at a time...this is mass is it not. Can you actually carry more than one gun ccw in this state?

Yes. There is no restriction in MA on the number of firearms you may carry.

I only have m&p .45 at the moment. will pick up a mp compact 9mm soon enough. :)

I've got the 9 which is a bit smaller then the .45, but I've had no problems with carrying a full-sized in an IWB holster. I just layer a fleece as my cover-up. A Hawaiian type shirt will work as well in warmer weather, just avoid clingy fabrics like synthetics & make sure the shirt has a pattern on it. Patterns print less then solids.

I am now the proud owner of a Glock 36....so someday when I am a Real Boy, that will be my carry gun. Ruger SP-101 will probably get in there sometimes, and then I will need to pick up an airweight to help in the summer.

this may seem like an odd question but I see alot of people making mention of carrying more than one gun at a time...this is mass is it not. Can you actually carry more than one gun ccw in this state?

My only opposition to carrying more than one gun is more of a legal defense issue. If you need to use a firearm to save your life and it comes to light and it will that you had two guns on you. The prosecuting attorney and media will paint you as a paranoid gun freak looking for trouble. That is my basic fear of carrying two guns.

Magnum Research Micro Eagle in .380 in a Galco IWB made for a S&W 642. The trigger guard is so big on the Micro Eagle, I needed to go one size up on the holster. The gun sits deep and fairly comfortable, but it's a little tricky to get out quickly. It's the old comfort and deep concelament versus quick access.

micro_homepix.jpg

I switch between the 340PD & the Sig 229, depending on clothing.

Sometimes, I carry them both. [smile]

Last edited:
My only opposition to carrying more than one gun is more of a legal defense issue. If you need to use a firearm to save your life and it comes to light and it will that you had two guns on you. The prosecuting attorney and media will paint you as a paranoid gun freak looking for trouble. That is my basic fear of carrying two guns.

As they will do if:

- You carry a reload (mag/speedloader/extra ammo),
- Have a laser sight or any optics,
- Have a light mounted,
- Use any effective (HP) defensive ammo,
- Have more than 2 rounds loaded in the gun!

So, what's your point? [wink]

If you don't carry and they need to do a chalk outline they won't criticize/try to paint you as a self-defense freak . . . otherwise they will no matter what you have and what you do. That's why a great defense attorney is imperative!

As they will do if:

- You carry a reload (mag/speedloader/extra ammo),
- Have a laser sight or any optics,
- Have a light mounted,
- Use any effective (HP) defensive ammo,
- Have more than 2 rounds loaded in the gun!

So, what's your point? [wink]

If you don't carry and they need to do a chalk outline they won't criticize/try to paint you as a self-defense freak . . . otherwise they will no matter what you have and what you do. That's why a great defense attorney is imperative!

I think most people (jury of non-gun owners) can be convinced or certainly see the merit of one gun carried and used to defend your life. Two guns carried are going to paint a very different picture. As I’ve said for the past 24 years in every class that I’ve taught “I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6”. I don’t know who made up that line but it fits perfectly. When you use a gun to defend your life it doesn’t end when the bullets stop flying. It ends when you have been acquitted. And that should be your ultimate goal.

I carry a S&W CS9.
I have carried my 1911, at times it's OK.
Have a jones for a G26 3'rd gen lately, but dont' have the coin..[sad]

ace57

Sig P228 all year round. CompTac CTAC iwb in warm weather and sometimes in the cold, but usually in cooler months it's in a Bianchi Black Widow leather owb when I'm more casually dressed.

I'm an old fart, settled in my ways. I like revolvers. I depend on them. I've never had one fail and I trust them much more than I do a semi-automatic.

Sometimes I see these threads about criminals taking more bullets to stop than my revolver holds. When I feel that may be the case, I'll carry two J frame revolvers, as well as Speed Strip reloads for both.

In court, it's been shown that many police officers are required to carry more than one gun. If it's OK for a LEO to carry more than one, it's OK for me to do so. I'll worry about any legal implications later. My first job is going home every night. I plan on doing just that for a long, long time.

At the moment I am carrying a Beretta Centurion 96 frame with a 92 Compact 9mm slide on it (I sent the 96 slide out to be refinished).

I would love to find a smaller, single-stack 9mm or .40 for the summer but everyone I have tried to this point has been a disappointment.

I don't like plastic, striker-fired guns so I may have to take another look at the Sig 239. There doesn't seem to be much else available here in mass.

Keep an eye out for the new compact Beretta. I saw a video of someone shooting it on another forum. Looks interesting but like all Berettas it looks sort of bug and fat for a compact pistol.

I carry a p2000 in a mitch rosen IWB, im looking to maybe get a high sitting owb holster that holds the gun in tight, I can easily carry free in the waistband under a heavy tshirt so Im thinking a little longer shirt and a high rise owb slim holster would be perfect...any suggestions?

I think most people (jury of non-gun owners) can be convinced or certainly see the merit of one gun carried and used to defend your life. Two guns carried are going to paint a very different picture. As I’ve said for the past 24 years in every class that I’ve taught “I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6”. I don’t know who made up that line but it fits perfectly. When you use a gun to defend your life it doesn’t end when the bullets stop flying. It ends when you have been acquitted. And that should be your ultimate goal.

Yup. And you can't be acquitted if you don't survive. Two guns are better than one.

I carry a G23 but one of the members(in case he doesn't want publicity) let me try his HK USP 45.Very smooth, I liked it alot.

I carry my SW1911PD. I used to carry my XD and since I don't have a proper holster for my 1911 (my Don Hume XD holster actually works for my 1911), I will occasionally carry my XD when I can have no one know I am carrying. Once I get a proper holster for my 1911 (and a better belt), it should disappear. My money has gone into obtaining ammo for my 1911 so I can practice more with it. After Christmas I should have enough money for a good belt and holster [smile].

I don't switch up carry weapon based upon firearm, but holster, as I only have certain types of holsters for some of my guns, ie, ankle for glock, iwb for others, owb for the rest, pocket for the weel gun... I've gotta invest in more holsters!!

So far I carry a Sig 226 every day and I hide it well. I am thinking of picking up a smaller Sig for the warm weather. I have thought about carrying my S&W 686 because I just love it, but it's pretty big piece.

Depends. If I'm in a hurry heading out the door I just slip my S&W 642 snubbie into a Mika pocket holster and scoot. Other times it's a Sig 229 .40 in either IWB or OWB holsters.

Back
Top Bottom