• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you save the box?

I have more boxes than guns - I either lost the guns, they’re somewhere in the house, or I sold them. Or maybe they’re somewhere in those 12 gun safes...

If a gun is used a lot, 5+ years old, priced 50% under list I don't see it of much value, but when a 2 year old almost never used gun is priced at 10% below new and is missing everything including the accessories like tools, scope rings, or rails it came with, manual, etc etc, yep it matters IMO. Similarly you should hang onto original parts if you upgrade/modify.

Myself I save everything, boxes, receipts, even for certain expensive parts. I do the same for fishing reels (all of mine are > $100 and some > $1000 even, makes a difference with those too).

If nothing else it shows sloppy ownership when all that stuff is misplaced soon after purchasing.

I'll go a little further on the "I save the cardboard box" rational.

I person who is willing to save an original manufacturer's cardboard box for 5, 10, 25 years is classic "anal-retentive."

...and that means they take very good care of their property, which also means that if you buy something from them you are getting a well-taken care of item.

"To each... his own." and, Stack on!

This 1980's Colt box is for sale on eBay for $269... 🤪

Box and styrofoam only... nothing else.

1608759377302.png

If the gun is a collectible i think it makes a big difference. But either way i would keep boxes and original contents

I save them so kids can see them in museums...

iu
That looks like a diorama at the BPS in Springfield, MO.

Yes, I keep all my plastic cases. The only firearm that I own that doesn't have one is my Python though when my friend's widow gave me the revolver, we looked high and low for it. He probably tossed it, which wasn't like him. Of all the firearms I own, it had to be the Python that I don't have the case for..

Back
Top Bottom