I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

we used to ride our bikes to town spa as kids before it moved to 138. $2.50 a pie back then.
Cash only still.
Last time I checked (2003) he was selling 30,000+ pizzas a month at $6 a pop. That’s before a bar tab. All in cash
That sounds like a money laundering business. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. lol

No cheese!?!?!

If anything, I prefer no RED sauce! In fact, my favorite kind of pizza is a white pizza with bacon. Here's an example of one that I've had that was outstanding:

full

Frank
I gave you a like because bacon, but I’d still need to dip that in some marinara sauce or something.

It's not as loathsome as a "Steak and Cheese" pizza that has f***ing american cheese in it.

American cheese doesnt belong within like 10 feet of anything that should be called pizza
I agree, it doesn’t… but at least American cheese is, you know, cheese.

The RI Pizza’s cheeselessness is its biggest crime.

Papa Ginos (don't laugh), in the 1970s + 80s. The best. Absolutely loved their dough & sauce formulas.....and toppings. They changed the recipe in the 1990s.....and that's when it really started to suck.

Georgetown (MA) House of Pizza has the closest approximation of Papa Ginos' 1970s/1980s recipe that I've probably ever had.

The Cabaret Lounge on Rte. 1 had, in the 1990s, probably the best pizza I had ever tasted. I actually used to go there for lunch....for the pizza. The girls dancing were "there", yes, but, I actually would drop in just for lunch, with my buddy.

30,000 pizzas and an all cash business. The trick is buying your supplies with cash off books so the IRS can’t track the sales in the second cash register.

I have a client that owns a pizza place. The IRS knows what stuff costs. They can pretty accurately estimate gross sales.

There is no bad pizza.
I used to think that, then I moved to NH.
Yes there is some good pizza here, and there is the whole freedom thing over MA. But in MA I had 3 really good pizza joints within walking distance. And here I have to drive 30 minutes, past several pizza shops, just to get something OK.

I liked sal's. The best I think is in Exeter, front row pizza. Some of the best in NH. Home made onion rings too.

If I do eat a pizza(it's been a while) it is from Whole Foods.. It's not anywhere near the best but better than any Greek owned pizza place in NE or Papa Ginos, seems those are the only 2 choices in Central MA nowadays. Used to just go to Reginas in Salmon Pond mall, but they closed.

When I say I haven't eat pizza in a while it's because I won't eat pizza just to eat pizza like a random NE fatty watching sportsball.. If I am going to consume massive carbs and fat I want it to be really damn good.. Same with ice cream etc.. If it isn't the best, why eat it?

I'm open to any suggestions without having to drive into the city, my preference is NY style.

Does English Muffin Pizza count...???

View attachment 629146
During the blizzard of 78 we were trapped in a school for four days. The Salvation Army dropped English muffin pizzas on the roof and that’s all we ate for four days.

I figure I ate my life’s share if English muffin pizza and will never eat it again.

anyone ever make their own grilled pizza... love that for a change of pace..

we've also made pizza on cast iron pizza pans, nonstick pans, and deep dish..
I use a cast iron pan when I want a deep dish pizza. I ended up getting a pizza steel for the oven for regular pizza, it's a game changer for a perfect crust.
I've said it before and I will say it again, NJ pizza is the BEST!

Back
Top Bottom