New acquisitions for December 2008!

Oops, sorry. Yep, that's a Mossie 590. 8+1 round capacity, heat shield, and bayo lug. Gotta love it.

The bayonet's on order, a cheap Chinese repro off eBay until I hit Marlboro next month.

New to me stag AR-15. stopped by collector's tonight to pick up some ammo, wound up buying this.
HPIM0529.jpg

HPIM0530.jpg

HPIM0531.jpg

Been thinking about a Browning Highpower for quite some time and this one sure caught my eye. I don't know anything about it and I'm researching it now. Made in 1965 this 9mm, is either bright nickle or chrome, I can't tell. The trigger, hammer trigger and other parts are gold. There are no markings on it so I don't think it a commemorative.

There are a couple of 'scuff' type marks on the chrome, which I thing will buff out ok.

The grips are plastic mother of pearl look alike mounted on a wooden backing and look lots nicer than in the pics.

I have my BBQ gun, finally!

highpower1965right%20800x594.jpg

hipower1065left%20800x582.jpg

Holy Pimp Gun Batman! [grin]
Been thinking about a Browning Highpower for quite some time and this one sure caught my eye. I don't know anything about it and I'm researching it now. Made in 1965 this 9mm, is either bright nickle or chrome, I can't tell. The trigger, hammer trigger and other parts are gold. There are no markings on it so I don't think it a commemorative.

There are a couple of 'scuff' type marks on the chrome, which I thing will buff out ok.

The grips are plastic mother of pearl look alike mounted on a wooden backing and look lots nicer than in the pics.

I have my BBQ gun, finally!

highpower1965right%20800x594.jpg

hipower1065left%20800x582.jpg

Going to need some platform shoes and a purple velvet hat with that piece.

Seriously though, I love pimping guns. Nickle and MOP go together so well.

1970's vintage Mossberg 500. Original condition and furniture, fully engraved on both sides as well as the internals. They certainly don't make them like this anymore. Came with 150ish 3" magnums.

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01502.jpg
l

I'd been eyeballing the CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39 on line for awhile. Damn, if I didn't pop into a local shop while Christmas shopping(*cough) tonight, didn't they happen to have one hanging on the wall ..I took care of that.

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

Merry Xmas to me from me.

bad boy.jpg

bboy3.jpg

I need to dust that table. Details on Show me your AR thread. Too bad I have no money left to buy anyone else anything[smile]

Newest K98; RC S/42G

Well, another month another K98. I had my eyes on a veteran bring back on Gunbroker, but couldn't quite find the nerve to hand over $650 plus tax. Instead I traded three black powder pistols and $90 for this RC example. I spent a couple of days stripping and refinishing the stock and it came out quite well. Save being a mid-war 12 inch cleaning rod stock and a complete mismatch of parts (except a gem in the form of an S-42G coded bayonet lug), it is a pretty decent example at the price. The bolt is almost a match to the serial number; 6990c versus 6600c (but the bolt is Erma and the rifle Obendorf). The gun closet is now full; that is the next challenge.

1935 Geweher K98 8mm Mauser ‘S/42G’ (Mauser/Obendorf) #6600c, Russian capture and rework with mostly mismatched machined parts. Waffenamts from Mauser/Obendorf (receiver and barrel), 135 (stock), and 63 (bayonet lug; S/42G specific code), Berlin-Lubecker 26 (lower band and sight leaf), and 214 (trigger guard), Suhl 37 (upper band), Berlin-Suhler-Waffen 4 (trigger), Gustloff-Werke 1 (extractor) and 359 (sight slide), and Erma 280 (bolt body). Matching numbers on barrel, receiver, and stock. Bolt body, bolt shroud, bolt handle, cocking piece, and trigger guard forced matched. Arsenal rebluing near 90%, reproduction sling, reproduction cleaning rod, original capture screws, and original German hinged muzzle cover. Refinished cupped butt plate heavy pattern laminated stock, and take down lug. Barrel light, no pitting, very good. Import marked, TGI, Knox, TN

MajSpud

RR.jpg

LR.jpg

REC.jpg

RF.jpg

LF.jpg

SR2.jpg

Shot off a box of Yugo 7.92x57 1978 surplus before the snow hit on Thursday. I tapped the sight a little right, and having figured out the Kentucky elevation, the next box should be pretty well on target.

s42g.jpg

Last edited:
I have been waiting a few months for this one and I did not expect it until February. It was ready early. A Robinson Armament XCR in 5.56. This rifle is the balls. The feel and balance are incredible. Also the ergonomics are great. The charging handle is on the left and can be manipulated without taking the rifle from the shoulder. The bolt lock back/release is on the front of the trigger guard. I am just thrilled with this rifle. It takes regular AR mags (of which I have plenty). Of course coming early has completely tapped me out for the foreseeable future. Eventually a set of Troy BUIS will be added. Luckily I have an Eotech laying around for just this occasion. Damn this snow. I want to shoot it this weekend (and may anyway).

XCR001.jpg

XCR002.jpg

XCR004.jpg

Bought from an NESer.

S&W M&P40 with 4 magazines

Nice pick up! You'll love it! The M and P "fotay" is a great platform. [laugh]

*FYI:

I ordered a .357sig barrel from Midayusa... they may have some left (or) you can elect to receive notification via e-mail.

Storm Lake also makes a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. That's another thing I have on the distant radar... the 9mm neutered magazines are hard to come by [rolleyes] -so I haven't bought one yet.... especially since I use a Lonewolf .40 to 9mm in my Glock 23.

2nd aquisition in 2 days!

S&W 1911PD
I won a Marlin 336c 30 30 in the Shirley raffle but once I was at Blue Northern I decided to apply the value to this. Just a down payment for now.

I said to myself that if I got something else I would just be kicking myself later because what I really wanted was the 1911.

Scandium frame - identical to the picture below from S&W
108283_large.jpg

My stuff for Dec

1966 vintage Colt Detective .38 special 3" barrel. I picked this up in pieces a couple of months ago. Have it back from the gunsmith after rounding up missing parts and reassembling it.

DSC_1414.jpg

Ruger .44 Mag Carbine 1979 vintage. With Bianchi sling.

DSC_1382.jpg

1921 Astra 9 mm Largo.

DSC_1397.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom