• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Happy New Year! Another Joe here. I am just seeing this thread. I joined a few months ago. I enjoy shooting, fishing, and astronomy. I recently retired from the corporate world and hope to spend more time on the hobbies as well as learning to reload ammo.

Happy New Year! Another Joe here. I am just seeing this thread. I joined a few months ago. I enjoy shooting, fishing, and astronomy. I recently retired from the corporate world and hope to spend more time on the hobbies as well as learning to reload ammo.
Welcome Joe, here is a good place to start on the reloading front. Reloading Classes

Happy New Year Everyone,
Longtime lurker, new member for 2018... Grew up in MA, then out to CA > NYC, then back to MA for the last 3 years. ME is the final destination one day.
Love shooting, training and the outdoors as much as possible. Looking forward to 2018 and finding an outdoor range this spring and getting involved with some IDPA courses.

Hello, gVP9MA! Thanks for posting the intro about yourself. Wish you the best of luck on your moving and shooting goals this year. If you have questions about the IDPA Stuff, I’m sure someone on the forum knows a thing or two about it :) See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy

Hi Another Joe ;-), welcome! Thanks for being green member and supporting this community that we all enjoy so dearly. I, too, hope you’ll spend more time enjoying your hobbies. Cheers!

-Cindy

Hello. New member from southeastern MA checking in. A friend from work recommended NES so I thought I'd give the free membership a try after being a lurker for the past few days.

Bought my first revolver in 1984 and have continued to fill the safe ever since with a random assortment of revolvers, shotguns, semi-automatic pistols, and rifles. I enjoy recreational target shooting (punching paper and hitting steel) as well as breaking clays but am in no way an expert marksman.

I'm looking forward to reading more on all things related to shooting as well as contributing when I can.

Hello. New member from southeastern MA checking in. A friend from work recommended NES so I thought I'd give the free membership a try after being a lurker for the past few days.

Bought my first revolver in 1984 and have continued to fill the safe ever since with a random assortment of revolvers, shotguns, semi-automatic pistols, and rifles. I enjoy recreational target shooting (punching paper and hitting steel) as well as breaking clays but am in no way an expert marksman.

I'm looking forward to reading more on all things related to shooting as well as contributing when I can.

Hi Fireman13, welcome to NES! Happy to hear our community was recommended to you by a friend. Most of us are definitely not “expert marksman” so you are definitely not alone in that hahahaha

Hope to see you around on the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy

Greetings NES, new green member recently, longtime observer... recently retired in central MA. Currenting watching snow pile up in this bombogenesis storm ☃️

Hello from one Sterling resident to another, though I am ~450 miles south of you. May you enjoy the bombogenesis in warmth and with power. Cheers on becoming a green member... it's always great to support a community you have enjoyed and find useful... not to mention those member only perks ;) See you around.

Stay safe,
Cindy

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hi. My name is Steve. I grew up plinking with 22's all day long at my grandmothers place in Maine. My relatives up there always hunted but they did poaching, jacklighting and shot at anything that moved so I decided that as much as I wanted to participate in family hunting and loved venison, moose and bear. Drinking and hunting and shooting at rustling bushes was not wise. I have finally found someone who I trust who is going to take me and my 24 year old son hunting and show us the ropes in the spring(pheasants). We are both anxious to learn proper gun and range safety then start practicing with skeet or trap so we can at least not embarrass ourselves. We both have the basics but want to do everything the right way. I am looking forward to after a hard day or week of work going to the range to learn and improve. There are so many clubs in the area any suggestions as to which are more open to beginners and those that are maybe for serious competitors. If anyone can give the steps necessary to get from law abiding citizen to gun owning hunter that would be great. We hope to hunt pheasant in April. Do we have enough time to do all this? Eventually would like to be in a family club. My daughter and I did a day at the range and my wife is a good shot with the pellet gun in our back yard.

Hi. My name is Steve. I grew up plinking with 22's all day long at my grandmothers place in Maine. My relatives up there always hunted but they did poaching, jacklighting and shot at anything that moved so I decided that as much as I wanted to participate in family hunting and loved venison, moose and bear. Drinking and hunting and shooting at rustling bushes was not wise. I have finally found someone who I trust who is going to take me and my 24 year old son hunting and show us the ropes in the spring(pheasants). We are both anxious to learn proper gun and range safety then start practicing with skeet or trap so we can at least not embarrass ourselves. We both have the basics but want to do everything the right way. I am looking forward to after a hard day or week of work going to the range to learn and improve. There are so many clubs in the area any suggestions as to which are more open to beginners and those that are maybe for serious competitors. If anyone can give the steps necessary to get from law abiding citizen to gun owning hunter that would be great. We hope to hunt pheasant in April. Do we have enough time to do all this? Eventually would like to be in a family club. My daughter and I did a day at the range and my wife is a good shot with the pellet gun in our back yard.

Hi Steve! Welcome to NES. Thanks for stopping by and posting an intro of yourself. Wanting to do things the right way is a good way to start. What state do you live in? You can start by checking out this section on the forum and looking at the state you live in: Gun Laws

If your questions are not already answered there, feel free to post your own question and hopefully someone will come along to shed some light.

Stay safe out there and have fun. See you around the forum.

-Cindy

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hello!
My name is Tony. I have lived in Massachusetts for 20 years now but was raised in the Midwest. I grew up the traditional Midwestern way, where firearms and hunting are a part of growing up (I got my first hunters ed certificate as a High School course). In my youth fall/winter involved bird hunting with my Father. I can remember the torturous Sundays trudging through the cold and rain of upstate Missouri hoping to see our dogs point a covey of quail or a clever pheasant. At 15 it was not something I loved (actually I hated it), though I'd give anything to have that time again with my dad (he passed in 2012).
In 2016 I got my LTC class A . I never grew up with handguns but did inherit several beautiful shotguns that were used for hunting and skeet and trap. Two prized possessions include my Dad's Remington Semi Auto 12 guage, improved cylinder (I was never that fast!) and my great grandfathers Fox Double barreled 12 gauge that was very well used (broken butt stock bundled into a leather shock pad).

I currently live in Millis and am finally looking into getting into a local shooting/hunting club. I look forward to using the guns of my youth to shoot skeet and trap and am very interested in competition target shooting (22 LR pistol is especially interesting).

Glad to be here and I'm looking forward discussing numerous topics with you folks.

Tony

Hello!
My name is Tony. I have lived in Massachusetts for 20 years now but was raised in the Midwest. I grew up the traditional Midwestern way, where firearms and hunting are a part of growing up (I got my first hunters ed certificate as a High School course). In my youth fall/winter involved bird hunting with my Father. I can remember the torturous Sundays trudging through the cold and rain of upstate Missouri hoping to see our dogs point a covey of quail or a clever pheasant. At 15 it was not something I loved (actually I hated it), though I'd give anything to have that time again with my dad (he passed in 2012).
In 2016 I got my LTC class A . I never grew up with handguns but did inherit several beautiful shotguns that were used for hunting and skeet and trap. Two prized possessions include my Dad's Remington Semi Auto 12 guage, improved cylinder (I was never that fast!) and my great grandfathers Fox Double barreled 12 gauge that was very well used (broken butt stock bundled into a leather shock pad).

I currently live in Millis and am finally looking into getting into a local shooting/hunting club. I look forward to using the guns of my youth to shoot skeet and trap and am very interested in competition target shooting (22 LR pistol is especially interesting).

Glad to be here and I'm looking forward discussing numerous topics with you folks.

Tony

Hi Tony! Welcome to NES. Great first post on the forum. It's always nice to learn about our new members. Sounds like you'll fit right in with us. Looking forward to joining you in posts around the forum as well.

Stay warm,
Cindy

I live in the Concord MA area and it looks like there are many active clubs around. Any recommendations for clubs or can anyone give some general overview of different clubs, mainly for those interested in competitions, those that are known for lots of coaching etc.?

I live in the Concord MA area and it looks like there are many active clubs around. Any recommendations for clubs or can anyone give some general overview of different clubs, mainly for those interested in competitions, those that are known for lots of coaching etc.?
Welcome and check out the clubs sub-forum for info and reviews. I'd highly recommend Harvard Sportsmen's Club.

Hi everyone, just joined. Over the past several months I’ve been going shooting with a freind of mine and taken a interest in it. I live in mass and just started looking into taking the classes to get a ltc. I found this site by searching gun laws, there’s a lot of great info here so I joined and popped in to say hi. Trying my best to use the search before I ask any ?’s

Welcome and check out the clubs sub-forum for info and reviews. I'd highly recommend Harvard Sportsmen's Club.

As Len said, check out the 'gun ranges & clubs' sub-forum. Here's a link to it for your convenience: Gun Ranges & Clubs

Hi everyone, just joined. Over the past several months I’ve been going shooting with a freind of mine and taken a interest in it. I live in mass and just started looking into taking the classes to get a ltc. I found this site by searching gun laws, there’s a lot of great info here so I joined and popped in to say hi. Trying my best to use the search before I ask any ?’s

Hi Derek1, welcome! [wave] Sounds good. A lot of us started out the same way you did. Yep, definitely try to do a search before you ask questions, a lot of frequently asked questions can actually be answered in the pinned threads at the top of each sub forum... but yeah, definitely feel free to ask questions if you're not finding answers or are confused about something. It's not all that easy to understand. Have fun and stay safe out there.

-Cindy

Hello. I’m Zak (aka The Herd). Middle aged; middle of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I grew up shooting with my Grandfather, Uncle, and Dad...now I’m a dad and last summer got both of my kids (10 and 12) out to the range for their first lesson - it was cool to educate the next generation. Ironically, I found out about NES from my friend in CA!

Hello. I’m Zak (aka The Herd). Middle aged; middle of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I grew up shooting with my Grandfather, Uncle, and Dad...now I’m a dad and last summer got both of my kids (10 and 12) out to the range for their first lesson - it was cool to educate the next generation. Ironically, I found out about NES from my friend in CA!

Nice to have you Zak. Enjoy the site...tons of info and some very interesting commentary. Don't be shy!

Welcome Zak!
That's great that you're handing down the tradition to your kids. I introduced my boys to shooting at about the same age. We were living in CA at the time and about an hour away was a public range with a tin can range. Blowing up milk jugs full of water was a great way to get them hooked. They are 17 and 19 now and more interested in girls than gun's, but they'll never become libtards (I hope).

Funny, but I found NES when we lived in CA.

Hi my name is Dave joined a year ago went green month ago. Do a lot of reading not much talking thanks everyone learning a lot meet some great people. Been shooting sence I was a kid but just getting my children involved

Hi. I would like to check-in also. I've been reading this forum for sometime now. And registered couple of weeks ago I think.
I like this forum because its local . Many people know each-other personally.
Discussion of local gun laws.
Originally I was born and lived in Russia. :emoji_flag_ru:
Currently live in US. :emoji_flag_us:
I'm Connecticut resident. :):emoji_gun:

Hello, I'm Nick from Belmont, MA. I had been out to the range with friends and then got the bug and decided it was time for my own LTC even though I'm from a red town. I joined a few weeks ago when researching the process and this community was so helpful and friendly via PM that I went green.

For now I'm awaiting my LTC in the mail, browsing the classifieds for my first purchase, and researching which club I would like to try to join (Harvard or MRA?).

Hello, I'm Nick from Belmont, MA. I had been out to the range with friends and then got the bug and decided it was time for my own LTC even though I'm from a red town. I joined a few weeks ago when researching the process and this community was so helpful and friendly via PM that I went green.

For now I'm awaiting my LTC in the mail, browsing the classifieds for my first purchase, and researching which club I would like to try to join (Harvard or MRA?).

Welcome Nick, bunch of good people here and a lot of good info. Can’t give you any info on those clubs but I’m sure others here will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom