New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey all,

Just dropped off my application 2/6 in Melrose, MA so now we wait. Been interested in this for a long time and finally got around to doing it. Looking forward to a new hobby, new friends, and more education.

I am leaning towards a P320, VP9, or 92FS for my first gun. Any thoughts on these vs others? Recommendations for something else?
Any good resources for more gun education, not shooting, but the guns themselves?
I plan on getting further training once I get my first gun, anything to look for in a training program?
Hi, Ginsy! Welcome to NES. Thanks for the intro post. I don't have any advice on a specific training program but perhaps go check out this section of the forum re training: Training Techniques

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

New here. Just moved up to Hooksett nh from waltham, MA. Got my ltc in waltham in about a week before I moved after a 4 month process. Never moving back that's for sure.
Hi Bruce, welcome! Happy to have you here. Congrats on the move! Did you burn your LTC? lol jk :p Hope to see you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi all, I'm new here from Quincy. Recently got my LTC and a couple of pistols and am trying to learn as much as I can.
Hi Garbito. Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy your time with the community. Also......... KWINZY in da houseeeee. I grew up in Quincy but I no longer live there. I spent the about 25 years there. My family just moved outta there as well. I live in Virginia now. I look forward to seeing your posts in the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Bruce, welcome! Happy to have you here. Congrats on the move! Did you burn your LTC? lol jk :p Hope to see you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

When I picked up my MA LTC, I told the officer I was moving to NH in a few days - he laughed and said I was lucky. So far I'm definitely enjoying the benefits of being in NH.

Hello everyone. I'm new here and am glad I found this place. I've had my MA LTC for 6 months.
Hi, Nkiv. Welcome to NES! I hope you find this community to be helpful and a great place to be apart of. Grats on the LTC. Do you have a first already? Maybe even a second and third? 😄

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey All,

I joined NES in January. Have had my LTC for just under a few months. Took about 6 weeks in Pepperell, MA.

So far I bought an M&P shield and a Ruger PC Carbine (19102).

I was also gifted a nice S&W j-frame revolver (38 special).

This group has been helpful for sure.
Hi Mike. Welcome to NES, happy to have you and hope you enjoy your stay in this community. 6 weeks for your LTC? Not bad at all but I imagine Pepperell is pretty LTC friendly? Awesome that you found some good , helpful info here. Free guns are the best kind of guns 😎

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

New member saying hello. Checking in from Palmer. Have had my LTC since December 2019, just taken a while to find here. Looking to purchase my first Mass rifle. Been putting it off I think because I’m still a bit depressed about what we had to give up moving back here after 3 years in South Carolina (had a CWP there as well). Was able to at least bring a couple Walthers with me. But the wife and I have talked about filling up our safe with some long guns to meet our growing family and changing landscape.

Hey Everyone, new member here. Just got my LTC a few weeks ago. Have been having fun researching everything. I finally got my holster the other day and have been researching rifles quite a bit now.
Hi caligula, how's it going? Welcome to NES! Congrats on the LTC. Nice, what's the holster for and what kind of rifles are you looking at? Self defense, just for run? Look forum to seeing your posts around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

New member saying hello. Checking in from Palmer. Have had my LTC since December 2019, just taken a while to find here. Looking to purchase my first Mass rifle. Been putting it off I think because I’m still a bit depressed about what we had to give up moving back here after 3 years in South Carolina (had a CWP there as well). Was able to at least bring a couple Walthers with me. But the wife and I have talked about filling up our safe with some long guns to meet our growing family and changing landscape.
Hi Dstangs, welcome to the community. Glad you found us! Funny that some people find NES before they get their LTC aka doing research and some people find NES way after getting their LTC. Personally, I was doing research on getting LTC in MA and found the forum. Oh wow, sorry to here you're from SC and now in MA... much different gun culture. Good luck on your first MA rifle... 10 rounds, yay..... looks forward to seeing you on the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi caligula, how's it going? Welcome to NES! Congrats on the LTC. Nice, what's the holster for and what kind of rifles are you looking at? Self defense, just for run? Look forum to seeing your posts around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Dstangs, welcome to the community. Glad you found us! Funny that some people find NES before they get their LTC aka doing research and some people find NES way after getting their LTC. Personally, I was doing research on getting LTC in MA and found the forum. Oh wow, sorry to here you're from SC and now in MA... much different gun culture. Good luck on your first MA rifle... 10 rounds, yay..... looks forward to seeing you on the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]
Hi Cindy! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am pretty pumped about the LTC myself. I believe it only took 42 days. The holster is a Legacy Firearms Co IWB with a claw. It's for a Smith And Wesson Subcompact 2.0! Love the thing. I am hoping to build/ or buy a semiautomatic .556 rifle. Not to sure yet tho on that front. Self defense is definitely a main concern of mine after seeing all the events of the past year. It's also a fun hobby [dance]

Whoa... all y'all going green up in here! Cheers, guys! I just want to take a quick sec to tag you most recent new members who have already gone green (paid).

@Mase32
@Bruce988jl
@F-Bobby (welcome back!)
@MikeHoncho
@caligula
@Dstangs21

Since you're green now, if you haven't already gone "In" on the February gun giveaway, please hit this link and you'll get a chance to win this month's free gun: NES/MFS February Giveaway ***Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380***

Read the post and don't forget: do NOT post anything other than "In"

Good luck to us all!

For anyone else who's reading this and isn't a green (paid) member yet, consider doing so. Not only will you support this awesome community and keep it running, you'll also get member exclusive things like this gun giveaway or member only threads, group buys, classifieds, etc. Look here for more info on memberships: NES Memberships

Whoa... all y'all going green up in here! Cheers, guys! I just want to take a quick sec to tag you most recent new members who have already gone green (paid).

@Mase32
@Bruce988jl
@F-Bobby (welcome back!)
@MikeHoncho
@caligula
@Dstangs21

Since you're green now, if you haven't already gone "In" on the February gun giveaway, please hit this link and you'll get a chance to win this month's free gun: NES/MFS February Giveaway ***Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380***

Read the post and don't forget: do NOT post anything other than "In"

Good luck to us all!
Honestly I didn't know you could be a member and not be green.. Haha

Hi all! I've been stalking for a few weeks, and learning a LOT! I submitted my LTC application a couple weeks ago and can't wait for the result (the PD officer said mine was the most thorough application he'd ever seen! :D) I finally registered for an NES account, and expect to go green as soon as I get my LTC. I'm having fun looking at possible purchases--I'm looking at full size 9mm polymers. I've shot a few at MFS in Holliston--a VP9, G17, p320 (the instructor's personal carry), and will try the M&P 2.0, and FN509. Any input on any of them is welcome! Of course, I'll likely face the frustration of not being able to find what I'm looking for, and also the issue of ammo. Oh well...

Hi all! I've been stalking for a few weeks, and learning a LOT! I submitted my LTC application a couple weeks ago and can't wait for the result (the PD officer said mine was the most thorough application he'd ever seen! :D) I finally registered for an NES account, and expect to go green as soon as I get my LTC. I'm having fun looking at possible purchases--I'm looking at full size 9mm polymers. I've shot a few at MFS in Holliston--a VP9, G17, p320 (the instructor's personal carry), and will try the M&P 2.0, and FN509. Any input on any of them is welcome! Of course, I'll likely face the frustration of not being able to find what I'm looking for, and also the issue of ammo. Oh well...
Welcome, I'm a noobie around here as well. I hope your application process is swift. Mine was only 42 days so I am in the luckier group. I have tried FN509 and I have used the M&P 2.0 Subcompact quite a bit. I love the subcompact M&P 2.0. It's great for carry. Although I personally am planning on buying a 4" barrel optics ready model. Either the Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready or the CZ P10c optics ready are what I have been planning no getting next. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Welcome, I'm a noobie around here as well. I hope your application process is swift. Mine was only 42 days so I am in the luckier group. I have tried FN509 and I have used the M&P 2.0 Subcompact quite a bit. I love the subcompact M&P 2.0. It's great for carry. Although I personally am planning on buying a 4" barrel optics ready model. Either the Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready or the CZ P10c optics ready are what I have been planning no getting next. Feel free to ask me any questions!
Thanks for the welcome and the input! I’m eager to try the M&P, although I would be looking at the MA compliant one with 10lb+ trigger. Does the subcompact have that and if so, did you notice a difference?

Thanks for the welcome and the input! I’m eager to try the M&P, although I would be looking at the MA compliant one with 10lb+ trigger. Does the subcompact have that and if so, did you notice a difference?
If I were you I would try to acquire a non MA compliant model. They make the MA compliant ones with different SKUs than the "free state" ones, so it's easy to tell the difference. In mass, my friend was able to find a free state shield 2.0 being sold at a lgs. And I was able to find a free state M&P 2.0 subcompact model being advertised on Armslist in Massachusetts.

I don't know what your priorities are, but its possible to not have to buy a handgun with the heavier trigger. Just my .02 cents!

If I were you I would try to acquire a non MA compliant model. They make the MA compliant ones with different SKUs than the "free state" ones, so it's easy to tell the difference. In mass, my friend was able to find a free state shield 2.0 being sold at a lgs. And I was able to find a free state M&P 2.0 subcompact model being advertised on Armslist in Massachusetts.

I don't know what your priorities are, but its possible to not have to buy a handgun with the heavier trigger. Just my .02 cents!
Oh wow, thanks for that. I had assumed that being a MA resident that I would need to have a MA-compliant version. I need to read up on that some more I guess!

Greetings!
I'm a Texan but started dating a girl who lives in Brooklyn and, though a Texan by birth is dead set on remaining in the Northeast. I love the shooting sports and have been shooting all of my life, so I wanted to seek out resources for an area that is 1) unfamiliar and 2) can be a little less accepting of our hobby. I'm thrilled to see that there's such a vibrant community despite the stereotypes, and am grateful to see so many who are willing to share their experience.

I enjoy all forms of shooting except muzzle loaders (mostly because of how filthy black powder is; would love to own a replica Ferguson rifle). I'm getting started in USPSA, I'm getting set up to begin PRS, and would like to eventually try 2-gun (though these matches are pretty focal to Arizona right now). I enjoy shooting clays, with skeet, trap and 5-stand though never as part of organized competition. I enjoy hunting, though unfortunately finding the space to do it is a challenge even in Texas (i.e. around Houston where the energy firms bid lease prices up to astronomical levels). Waterfowl hunting is still reasonable on public water, and I have aspirations to hunt Africa and maybe even try my hand at elk with an OTC tag in the unpopular parts of CO. For now, shooting for its own sake is a lot more practical and cost effective. I love handloading and derive almost as much pleasure from poking a bunch of overlapping holes in paper as I do from the rest of the process.

Greetings!
I'm a Texan but started dating a girl who lives in Brooklyn and, though a Texan by birth is dead set on remaining in the Northeast. I love the shooting sports and have been shooting all of my life, so I wanted to seek out resources for an area that is 1) unfamiliar and 2) can be a little less accepting of our hobby. I'm thrilled to see that there's such a vibrant community despite the stereotypes, and am grateful to see so many who are willing to share their experience.

I enjoy all forms of shooting except muzzle loaders (mostly because of how filthy black powder is; would love to own a replica Ferguson rifle). I'm getting started in USPSA, I'm getting set up to begin PRS, and would like to eventually try 2-gun (though these matches are pretty focal to Arizona right now). I enjoy shooting clays, with skeet, trap and 5-stand though never as part of organized competition. I enjoy hunting, though unfortunately finding the space to do it is a challenge even in Texas (i.e. around Houston where the energy firms bid lease prices up to astronomical levels). Waterfowl hunting is still reasonable on public water, and I have aspirations to hunt Africa and maybe even try my hand at elk with an OTC tag in the unpopular parts of CO. For now, shooting for its own sake is a lot more practical and cost effective. I love handloading and derive almost as much pleasure from poking a bunch of overlapping holes in paper as I do from the rest of the process.
Are you living in Brooklyn? NYC and it's Burroughs have pretty strict ownership and transportation policies from what i hear. I'd be curious to hear about your experience.

Are you living in Brooklyn? NYC and it's Burroughs have pretty strict ownership and transportation policies from what i hear. I'd be curious to hear about your experience.
No, I'm still in Houston. In my cursory review of New York state and city gun laws, it appeared that I could only bring my Cynergy 12 ga NEF Pardner 20 ga, and that's assuming that they would allow an import at all (the process looks like its geared toward folks in the city buying new after getting their permits).

NYC isn't set in stone, and I'm working on finding places in the Northeast that feel a little more like home than the city. My tentative plan is to try to get within driving distance of the City while avoiding NY/MA/CT/NJ altogether, with NH, ME, PA and maybe VT seeming like the best candidates. There's going to be a learning curve with the weather, as you may have just seen on the news how well Texans deal with the cold.

No, I'm still in Houston. In my cursory review of New York state and city gun laws, it appeared that I could only bring my Cynergy 12 ga NEF Pardner 20 ga, and that's assuming that they would allow an import at all (the process looks like its geared toward folks in the city buying new after getting their permits).

NYC isn't set in stone, and I'm working on finding places in the Northeast that feel a little more like home than the city. My tentative plan is to try to get within driving distance of the City while avoiding NY/MA/CT/NJ altogether, with NH, ME, PA and maybe VT seeming like the best candidates. There's going to be a learning curve with the weather, as you may have just seen on the news how well Texans deal with the cold.
From a liberty/freedom standpoint in general, I would look in NH and ME as well. Helluva long commute, though.
I have a couple of friends in PA that cane from MA and their opinion is it's not as bad as MA.
If you happen to find yourself in Berkshire County, pm me. I'll show you around.

Hey I'm back again. Past couple of years nothing major happened. I grew up. Hid my spoon & lost 230 lbs . Meet my beautiful wife bought a house In Nh. Paying for my daughter to go to Sacred Heart next.

Hi jwilson. Sounds like a helluva past couple years to me! 'Grats! And welcome back to NES. Glad to see you. Stuck around some, won't ya?

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi,

Looking time lurker. I go shooting quite often, but like everyone else it's less and less lately.. I've been selling my blood for more ammo and soon it will be my limbs. Anyone need a kidney for .308?
Hi, CrimsonSkies. Welcome and thanks for writing an intro post! I can’t remember the last time I went to the range and didn’t care how many rounds I put through my guns. Ugh. See you around!!

BTW, go green (paid) and you can try your luck with selling ya kidney in the classifieds there hahaha

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Back
Top Bottom