New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Stick around if you think you can actually contribute. If not think of it as an added expense for the privilege selling.

Having a pre-Healey AR is probably contributing more than most lol

Hi All. Thanks for the welcome thread and good advice I’ve gotten here. I’m just getting into shooting and waiting for my LTC. Mainly I want to have pistol for targets and protection and also do some deer hunting. My plan was to use a .243 for deer as that is what other people I know use, but they are in NC. Since I need to use a shotgun in MA any recommendations? Thanks again!

Hi All. Thanks for the welcome thread and good advice I’ve gotten here. I’m just getting into shooting and waiting for my LTC. Mainly I want to have pistol for targets and protection and also do some deer hunting. My plan was to use a .243 for deer as that is what other people I know use, but they are in NC. Since I need to use a shotgun in MA any recommendations? Thanks again!
Welcome aboard.
I recommend that you move out of MA.
But if you are a masochist like me and choose to serve out your sentence in this state, pump gun, slug barrel, 12 guage. (or hunt private land and use the rifle anyway.)

I was looking for a shotgun for my son and got a great deal on gunbroker.com and had it shipped to my LGS.

Hello,

I am new here, just wanna introduce myself. I am from Massachusetts (unfortunately 😩) and I’m a huge gun lover, but never got my license until now. I picked up my LTC from the police station today and drove straight to the gun store. I wasn’t planning on buying 4 guns right off the bat, but I’m sure many here can relate 😛 (4th gun is a Bul Armory 1911 on transfer).
DF6EC284-0D40-41D5-BF55-734E13A99EF7.jpeg

Hello,

I am new here, just wanna introduce myself. I am from Massachusetts (unfortunately 😩) and I’m a huge gun lover, but never got my license until now. I picked up my LTC from the police station today and drove straight to the gun store. I wasn’t planning on buying 4 guns right off the bat, but I’m sure many here can relate 😛 (4th gun is a Bul Armory 1911 on transfer).
View attachment 619212
Welcome and I guess you better get the biggest safe you can afford if you are buying grand slams.

Welcome and I guess you better get the biggest safe you can afford if you are buying grand slams.
Thanks!

I‘m just looking for a gun of each type and category and that’s it… no more impulse buying. After shotgun, revolver, rifle, pistol caliber carbine, I’m done. 😇

Thanks!

I‘m just looking for a gun of each type and category and that’s it… no more impulse buying. After shotgun, revolver, rifle, pistol caliber carbine, I’m done. 😇
Is this one of those chicken and eggs type things? Probably just get the biggest safe you can anyway.

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Sorry I missed this thread prior to posting
I am new to owning guns but not new to guns or life. Over 60 years old, law abiding Constitutional conservative who tries to think independently so I often depart from the RNC swamprats.
Looking for good local information on laws and ranges.

Gearing up to retire soon but not stop working. I like to make sawdust and memories for my family.

If I missed anything please ask. I am really liking the responses so far here from my first post. Hope we get to shake hands and shoot some rounds together in the near future

Sorry I missed this thread prior to posting
I am new to owning guns but not new to guns or life. Over 60 years old, law abiding Constitutional conservative who tries to think independently so I often depart from the RNC swamprats.

Gearing up to retire soon but not stop working. I like to make sawdust and memories for my family.

If I missed anything please ask. I am really liking the responses so far here from my first post. Hope we get to shake hands and shoot some rounds together in the near future
We have all types here. You will find some lively political discussions.

To learn more about the ridiculous and dangerous Mass gun laws:
- Read some of the "stickies" in the Mass gun laws sub-forum. Massachusetts Laws
- Read some of my "stickies" in my Len-2A Training sub-forum. I post info there because I can lock the thread and users don't need to sift thru 100s of useless responses. Len-2A Training
- Consider taking one of my Mass Gun Law by and for Non-Lawyers seminars. I teach at Londonderry (NH) F&G Club unless some club wants to sponsor a class down in MA. Info can be found here: MA Gun Law Seminar for Non-Lawyers, by a Non-Lawyer!

We have all types here. You will find some lively political discussions.
I think it's safe to say most here are 2A advocates. I love all the amendments and the body of the text itself although I don't all of it as I should.
To learn more about the ridiculous and dangerous Mass gun laws:
- Read some of the "stickies" in the Mass gun laws sub-forum. Massachusetts Laws
- Read some of my "stickies" in my Len-2A Training sub-forum. I post info there because I can lock the thread and users don't need to sift thru 100s of useless responses. Len-2A Training
- Consider taking one of my Mass Gun Law by and for Non-Lawyers seminars. I teach at Londonderry (NH) F&G Club unless some club wants to sponsor a class down in MA. Info can be found here: MA Gun Law Seminar for Non-Lawyers, by a Non-Lawyer!
Although no can be an expert I have gone mind numb reviewing MA laws. I am a big fan of Andrew Branca and have his book. I also review other prominent figures as Masad Ayoob, USCCA etc.
Thanks for the links

Is there a feedback rating system for paying members? To separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Over time on NES, the wheat separates itself from the chaff fairly well and efficiently.

And there is a rating system to report experiences buying and selling from other members.

Look at the far right entry on the blue bar for "FEEDBACK STATS".

I think it's safe to say most here are 2A advocates. I love all the amendments and the body of the text itself although I don't all of it as I should.

Although no can be an expert I have gone mind numb reviewing MA laws. I am a big fan of Andrew Branca and have his book. I also review other prominent figures as Masad Ayoob, USCCA etc.
Thanks for the links
Andy's book is a great resource. I own all 3 editions that he's published and have known Andy since ~1998. I also took his LOSD Instructor program. Mas is also excellent, I've attended a few seminars that he gave and have chatted with him a few times. Sorry to say that I never took his courses but have taken courses with 3 other nationally known instructors some years ago. None of the courses (other than Andy's) taught us anything about gun laws, strictly techniques/drills in defensive shooting (pistols).

Andy's book is a great resource. I own all 3 editions that he's published and have known Andy since ~1998. I also took his LOSD Instructor program. Mas is also excellent, I've attended a few seminars that he gave and have chatted with him a few times. Sorry to say that I never took his courses but have taken courses with 3 other nationally known instructors some years ago. None of the courses (other than Andy's) taught us anything about gun laws, strictly techniques/drills in defensive shooting (pistols).
Cool to know some of the best national gun safety/defense guys in the bizz. Andrew seems like a cool dude to chat with over a cold beverage. Been following Robert Barnes and part of his locals group and he introduced a lot of folks to Andrew

Cool to know some of the best national gun safety/defense guys in the bizz. Andrew seems like a cool dude to chat with over a cold beverage. Been following Robert Barnes and part of his locals group and he introduced a lot of folks to Andrew
Andy and I had agreed to meet for lunch in Maynard (where he worked/lived), but we could never coordinate a date. Then he up and moved to CO, so it will never happen. I worked a gun show (volunteering for GOAL) beside him back in 1998 when he was selling his 1st edition (the little red book) and we had the opportunity to chat a lot on those days.

Andy and I had agreed to meet for lunch in Maynard (where he worked/lived), but we could never coordinate a date. Then he up and moved to CO, so it will never happen. I worked a gun show (volunteering for GOAL) beside him back in 1998 when he was selling his 1st edition (the little red book) and we had the opportunity to chat a lot on those days.
I remember hearing him say he was originally from MA and had the good sense to leave. I am originally from NJ and glad I left that dump. Still have family there...

Back
Top Bottom