Panic Buying

Don't know wether with my next preelection paychecks to spite buy a GP100 Match Champion I've been eyeing for years or a M&P15-22 & more ammo as an extra FU to the Mauron.

Well, neither of those is a bad choice, but the sensible thing may be to buy the most likely to be banned if the next potus decides to go after black, killy "looking" rifles. I doubt there will be any problem getting a revolver for many years to come (hopefully). That being said, the match champion is a fine piece of hardware.[wink]

The Heliban will no doubt eventually be tried. If on the off chance we draw a judge without a gestation pouch, and win, some operatives in the MA legislature ***WILL*** consider this a problem that needs 2b corrected.

Anyone who does not immediately go out and buy a few lowers if that happens either has no interest in owning an EBR or is an idiot.

Last edited:
Translation: "We've decided to **** over a class consisting of a shitload of people so we can expedite operations."

-Mike

Basically, yeah. People like me with an extremely common last name and a reasonably common first name who many times get extended review are now an automatic delay. Hopefully I don't start getting rejected. I've been background checked many times for work and apartments and other things, and I have see what those bg checks come back with. All sorts of shit that any competent person would look at and go: "Oh, this guy's a cracka, and all these felons are black." Between the rapist down in North Carolina and the really bazaar time a check returned a writ of Habeas Corpus, I think I'm doomed.

If your name is something like "John Smith" or something simple, it wouldn't be that hard to hit the shit lottery. Not to mention if it wasn't happening frequently they wouldn't have changed the policy.

-Mike

Yup, exactly. What's the wait time on a UPIN up to now? 3 years or something? Might as well start my application now.

Well, neither of those is a bad choice, but the sensible thing may be to buy the most likely to be banned if the next potus decides to go after black, killy "looking" rifles. I doubt there will be any problem getting a revolver for many years to come (hopefully). That being said, the match champion is a fine piece of hardware.[wink]
That was the decision I made back in February. I've been hot for a Match Champion for a while, but I wound up using the money on an AK. I figured the revolver will still be available even if we wind up with another assault weapon ban.

The last two weeks I've been seeing 1 or 2 cents up on everything, fewer choices and anything in stock selling out faster than usual.
21 cents 9mm , now 23
34 cents 5.56 , now 36
7 cents 22lr, now 9
Seeing the increase in at least half a dozen sources since last week.
Could just be a couple off/dry weeks... or the panic buying is on it's way.
There will be panic buying, im surprised by people saying there wont be.
There will always be, without a doubt, Plenty of people who have not prepared and will go into catch up mode x 1000000
Wait till next month, even thou f**face cant do anything till next year people will still go FR

I've been seeing increases myself. Got another case of 9mm at a nice 21 cents/round but most is up to 23 cents in the past week. Deciding on anther case of 5.56, Never enough...

The last two weeks I've been seeing 1 or 2 cents up on everything, fewer choices and anything in stock selling out faster than usual.
21 cents 9mm , now 23
34 cents 5.56 , now 36
7 cents 22lr, now 9
Seeing the increase in at least half a dozen sources since last week.
Could just be a couple off/dry weeks... or the panic buying is on it's way.
There will be panic buying, im surprised by people saying there wont be.
There will always be, without a doubt, Plenty of people who have not prepared and will go into catch up mode x 1000000
Wait till next month, even thou f**face cant do anything till next year people will still go FR

Yeah I can see some panicing but it will be the bread, milk, and eggs as snow starts hitting the ground type. The people that could have acted weeks or months in advance but never put it together. Also "echo purchasers" who are buying because others start buying in a heard mentality. What will be weaker about this panic is that less people will be caught off guard than previous "random event" panics. Will gun shops do well the day after the election? Yeah! That doesn't mean its going to be a months long process untill people can reliably find stuff.

Just be sure when you binge buy that you pay attention to your armament pyramid.

j6lj5t.jpg

Local wally world is completely cleared out of 9mm.
I have enough for a couple years at my current rate, but still want to improve my inventory.

Just left Cabelas. They're loaded with SPP. After I grabbed 2k, there were still at least 20k+ CCI SPP.

I have to get out there. I just got another 2K bullets to try from a couple different vendors, Precision and Blue Bullets. I got plenty of powder so I just need to stock up on the primers.

I have to get out there. I just got another 2K bullets to try from a couple different vendors, Precision and Blue Bullets. I got plenty of powder so I just need to stock up on the primers.

Same. Got a crapton of powder but could always use more primers. I'm not too concerned about bullets with so many makers/vendors so I'm holding out a little longer before I order more.

Ammo, LPKs, BCGs, uppers, lowers (unless living in MAmerika)... and did I mention Ammo? All of these you should have stocked up or ordered by now.

If they still have inventory after the election by Black Friday you better be super quick because everyone else and their grandmother will be doing exactly the same. I'd save BF deals for scopes, stocks... all the non-scary stuff etc.

Went to Cabela's tonight and scored another 5k of CCI SPP along with some other things. Didn't realize it until I checked out but they have a promotion going that if you spend more than $200 you get $50 in Cabela's bucks. Guess I am getting more primers [smile]

PistolShooter said:
Went to Cabela's tonight and scored another 5k of CCI SPP along with some other things. Didn't realize it until I checked out but they have a promotion going that if you spend more than $200 you get $50 in Cabela's bucks. Guess I am getting more primers [smile]

I had time to kill and went in there yesterday with no particular plan, was surprised when they gave me $20 in bucks along with my receipt. Bill came to around $130 -- I got 1lb Accurate No.5 powder, 1000 CCI LP primers, and 4 boxes of Fiocchi .45 ACP ($17.99 ea.)

Ammo, LPKs, BCGs, uppers, lowers (unless living in MAmerika)... and did I mention Ammo? All of these you should have stocked up or ordered by now.

You left off magazines for the folks who live in the free world. When Hillary gets elected, I expect them to try to ram through Brady 2.0 and for it to include a non-expiring standard capacity magazine ban.

The Heliban will no doubt eventually be tried. If on the off chance we draw a judge without a gestation pouch, and win, some operatives in the MA legislature ***WILL*** consider this a problem that needs 2b corrected.

Anyone who does not immediately go out and buy a few lowers if that happens either has no interest in owning an EBR or is an idiot.

If I understand you, you're saying we may have a short window where AR buying is possible again. I am saving up for just that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom