HORA DOLOR: Winter Failings. Feb 24th. Information within!

What are the "games" going to be like between shooting events? We getting down and dirty in the snow and mud? Need to know how to dress or if I need to bring waterproof gloves in addition to possible shooting gloves or the like.

[laugh2] you do realize this is going to be, um....outdoors, while it's snowing? How much more perfect can that get?

- - - Updated - - -

In regardless of weather.

[rockon]

Atilla has hereby requested that someone provide a 10ga, with 3.5", 1-3/4oz slugs.

If anybody has one, I will make sure you are compensated for the ammo.

[devil2]

i'll give it a whirl if anyone brings a beast like that. i like to party.

exousia's hot .45-70 loads...

4570.jpg

note how i am holding this rifle COMPLETELY WRONG.

45701.jpg

punched myself in the face.

45702.jpg

bleeding.

party time. no one else there that day would dare shoot the hot loads, they all stuck to the regular load while i inisited that i shoot more of the hot ones--while holding the goddamn rifle right and not like my LTR. derp.

i'll give it a whirl if anyone brings a beast like that. i like to party.

exousia's hot .45-70 loads...

4570.jpg

note how i am holding this rifle COMPLETELY WRONG.

45701.jpg

punched myself in the face.

45702.jpg

bleeding.

party time. no one else there that day would dare shoot the hot loads, they all stuck to the regular load while i inisited that i shoot more of the hot ones--while holding the goddamn rifle right and not like my LTR. derp.

If I can find or load some ammo between now and sunday, maybe I'll run it with my 458 socom pistol upper. It wouldn't be a cheap run though. You want to see scary? Try dodging the buffer tube of an AR heading for your chin.

Last edited:
I'm thinking, you get to load all 8. The sames goes for anybody using a bolt action. Load it to capacity.

This oughta be interesting, as my Savage is a 4 round integral mag bolt action. I'm firing from the shoulder, sitting down is for little girls.

Also, I have never even attempted skeet, so this could be fairly entertaining...

This oughta be interesting, as my Savage is a 4 round integral mag bolt action. I'm firing from the shoulder, sitting down is for little girls.

Also, I have never even attempted skeet, so this could be fairly entertaining...

just don't dick cheney anyone and we're golden.

ok, so we're doing our loadouts and i need to know if these are acceptable.

power bottom #1:
4x rifle mags, 5 rds/ea.
1x rifle mag, 20 rds.
8x slugs
10x trap load
4x pistol mags, 6 rds/ea.

power bottom #2:
3x rifle mags, 5 rds/ea.
3x pistol mags, 6 rds/ea
5x slugs
5x trap loads

power bottom #2 isn't shooting shotgun, but will still carry the ammo requirement.

should power bottom #2 need ammo i take it that she can take ammo from power bottom #1 since i don't recall reading that we couldn't do that... so therefore it's OK, right? [wink]

1 person can carry 100% of the equipment for all I care. You just need to have the minimum amount of ammo be carried and the appropriate # of magazines. How you go about doing it is up to you.

You can share, you can trade, you can collect them all. It's a team event.

GENERALLY speaking, if it's left unsaid it means the rules are up to you. We'll probably only call out something that's obvious cheating or against the stated rules.

power bottom #1:
4x rifle mags, 5 rds/ea.
1x rifle mag, 20 rds.
8x slugs
10x trap load

power bottom #2:
3x rifle mags, 5 rds/ea.
3x pistol mags, 6 rds/ea
5x slugs
5x trap loads

power bottom #2 isn't shooting shotgun, but will still carry the ammo requirement.

should power bottom #2 need ammo i take it that she can take ammo from power bottom #1 since i don't recall reading that we couldn't do that... so therefore it's OK, right? [wink]

EVENT UPDATE

Hopefully this will be the last one.

So the BOD at the club has ruled that so long as the Governor does not close the roads in the state, we can run. Joe and I declare that if the 100y targets can be seen.. we run.

The kitchen opens at 8:00 for breakfast (your dime).
The range opens at 9:00 to 9:30 for sighting in if you need such time.
10:00 am will be the safety brief and course tour. I'd love to do it earlier if everyone is available.

We will run as soon as Grizzly is done asking questions. :)

Again, as stated, we CANNOT issue refunds. If you can't make it, we'll get your shirt to you and we will do our very best to make accommodations for you if you choose to run a future event. If you want to send someone in your place, do so, we'll transfer everything over to them no problems. If you claim to have "slipped on some ice" and can't make it but are helping to sponsor the event, we will try not to make too much fun of you. But we hope you're feeling better.

Are we all clear?

Yes Grizz.. what would you like to know?

power bottom #1:
4x rifle mags, 5 rds/ea.
1x rifle mag, 20 rds.
8x slugs
10x trap load

power bottom #2:
3x rifle mags, 5 rds/ea.
3x pistol mags, 6 rds/ea
5x slugs
5x trap loads

Your rifle and pistol load outs are lacking efficiency.

3 rifle mags 5 round each ( anything else load up to cap)
2 pistol mags 6 rounds each (anything else load up to cap)

I went through all my ammo last night waiting for my wife to come home from work, I was a little tight on 30.06.
As we were heading out the door to go out to dinner to meet some friends, I caught a glimpse of a small taped up cardboard box on a shelf in my garage. I suddenly remembered what it was, a full bandolier of 30.06 I was going to give to someone that never picked it up. I tore open the box and found it just as I left it over a year and a half ago, in clips in the bandolier. I consider this a sign.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm that the Wal-marts in Hudson and Shrewsbury had some 12G slugs in as of Monday, and despite my best efforts.

Holliston Firearms had them as well.

To All:
PLEASE keep an ear to the radio. If Mass closes the roads, aka calls an emergency, it will be announced on any of the libertad media stations with "for your safety" slapped all over everything. If this is the case, we will run the event the following weekend.

If you wake up and hear nothing, show up. Please keep an ear on the radio/tv, though, before making the trek. It would really suck to get stopped at the Mass border.

will there be a sat nite update? i really don't want to get up at 5 am to drive for 4 hours to find out that the events cancelled upon arrival.

thx
Yes. Keep an eye here. Either sweetjeep or myself will post late saturday night, or early sunday morning, if anything weird shows up on our radar that would affect this run.

We have had two teams bow out. One due to injury and one due to the fact that they're sucked into plowing this weekend. If there are any teams out there willing to play with us, speak up and contact either Acme.Armament/Nicole and/or dgrafton. These two teams are unfortunate fallouts and they will be missed...[cry]

Last edited:
Does this mean the supplied shotgun for the trap stage is no longer available?

Not to worry. Adam and Nicole are still holding up their promise, which is absolutely awesome, and we should graciously thank them by keeping their gear clean and VERY well kept (not that we wouldn't anyway).

Maybe we will even grace their place with our presence when they open up, as a thank you! [wink] Oh, who's kidding? Grand opening party should include all of us! .....you better have bacon

national weather service downgraded us from 10-14" to 8-10" as of around ~4 AM today.

this is good.

got a little bit of a sore throat so having until tuesday off from work... someone from work better not have gotten me sick.

Not to worry. Adam and Nicole are still holding up their promise, which is absolutely awesome, and we should graciously thank them by keeping their gear clean and VERY well kept (not that we wouldn't anyway).

Maybe we will even grace their place with our presence when they open up, as a thank you! [wink] Oh, who's kidding? Grand opening party should include all of us! .....you better have bacon

And thank CoyoteHunter for delivery of the shotguns.

Probably could have Bacon. With the sub & pizza shop next door and the chinese restaurant at the other end might supply mai tai's. [smile]

I went through all my ammo last night waiting for my wife to come home from work, I was a little tight on 30.06.
As we were heading out the door to go out to dinner to meet some friends, I caught a glimpse of a small taped up cardboard box on a shelf in my garage. I suddenly remembered what it was, a full bandolier of 30.06 I was going to give to someone that never picked it up. I tore open the box and found it just as I left it over a year and a half ago, in clips in the bandolier. I consider this a sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Holliston Firearms had them as well.

I was wondering where those had gone! ...I'll accept delivery at the Hora Dolor :p

check list for this beast: 1911 NM with four or five hundred rounds, Savage 116 .30-06 with about 100 rounds, whatever 12 gauge I can get my hands on(Thanks Acme and Nicole!) with 200 target loads and 25 slugs. I got 3 mags for my 1911, but there is no mag for the savage, so no worries on that, and the shotgun shells can ride in a bag, for all I care. Still working out those kinks.

Given the temperature, I am thinking I am not going to be wearing my $3,000 king richards faire outfit. I'll figure something out.

EDIT: I just looked at the thread Nicole posted.... now I have another stop on my itinerary, should I ever get a time machine...

I seriously hope this doesn't get moved, if it goes to the following weekend, I have to bow out for military duty, as that's my drill weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom