marlboro

We are going Sunday I think.. I would much rather go to the Bourne Scallop Festival though.. [rolleyes]

I heard from people that live in Bourne that it sucks compared to what we have here in NB at the waterfront. Supposedly the scallops and seafood aren't even from local waters.

I'm going to head out there tomorrow and do a quick run through to see if there's anything. I need some miscellaneous parts, and the ammo dealers usually have decent prices (not great prices, but not as inflated as many local stores).

The Newmart shows mentioned earlier are by a promoter that does many shows in the mid-atlantic region. I used to hit those a lot when I was in Maryland.

I'll be there for oppening. If anyone sees me and has tags... pull me in early.[wink]

As for the general show... I'll be wearing my NES SKS t-shirt.

Have fun guys. I'm on call this weekend, so I can't work the table this show. Greg and Allen are upset, but understand. It sucks that I'm going to miss this show...I would love to see everyone.

Have fun and say hi to the guys at the Powder Keg Table for me!

I'll be headed down in a few with the family in tow. If you see a guy wearing a pat the patriot hat with 2 little boys and a good looking blond wife that would be me.

Can I expect to see ammo for sale there?

Also, What is the procedure if I were to CCW there. I remember a few years ago they were asking at the doors if you were carrying.

I should be there Sunday with my Dad. If you see an ugly kid with tattoo's hoppin out a big ugly jeep. Thats me.

There was TONS of ammo when we left about an hour ago.

They didn't even ask if we were carrying, but if they do ask, I think you give them the mag and they put a zip tie through the action.

There was TONS of ammo when we left about an hour ago.

They didn't even ask if we were carrying, but if they do ask, I think you give them the mag and they put a zip tie through the action.

Yes, well I expect you are probably cuter than I am - they did ask if I had any weapons. If you were, they would zip tie the gun. I don't *think* you have to leave the mag - what would be the point? You could buy another and ammo for it 5 minutes later?

Nothing struck me as conspicuously missing but I was mainly browsing, as c-pher and wolf bankrupted my fun fund this summer. I came close to buying a couple of bayonets for the AR builds in the works but I thought the prices were a little up there.

Prices on guns ranged from ok on some offbeat older stuff to ridiculous on some of the newer, evil sorts. I did notice prices on some pieces that I own versions of that were a good bit higher than I have them on my books for.

Went this morning. Stood in line and smoked a cigar while waiting to get in. Saw a lot of Colt 1911's but at inflated prices. Lots of Pythons too at pretty much the going rate. Some were showing off the Ruger LCR. Handled a Walther PPS. Nice gun!

Picked up a Remington Model 81 in .300 Savage for short money. Hung out with the "Hankster" for a bit who scored a nice S&W model 31.

Saw "Chuck Would" and "Milsurps 4 me" outside.
And met up with "Arioch" and "JHrosier" and Fred Lotter. inside. And oh yeah...Had some Jerky.

We were trying to spot some folks, but I think we got there later than most of the NESers that went today.

I did see an awesome reproduction Thompson that almost caused drooling, and a few very nice Bushmasters, but I didn't think they would barter with me based on my looks and good personality. [wink]

Is it me or did it look barren for gun tables today? It seems like there were a lot of "filler" tables. If I were to guess I'd say maybe a dozen gun tables in total?

I dont really understand the purpose of leaving the ammo with them. And is my firearm supposed to fit back in my holster with a zip tie through it?

Any LCR's there?

Is it me or did it look barren for gun tables today? It seems like there were a lot of "filler" tables. If I were to guess I'd say maybe a dozen gun tables in total?

Actually compared to a few of the shows I've been to there before, it seemed stacked with guns this time around. Overall I was just browsing with no plans on buying and left without buying anything except some great jerky. Love that stuff. Huge mark ups on guns I thought and as usual the NY Ammo Guys were in rip off the customer mode. I also didn't see a lot of firearms leaving the place. Some decent 50bmg ammo prices. Noticed a LOT of 50 bmg rifles for sale too.

Overall it was fun. Chatted with Fixxah and Fred for a few minutes and also ran into my new boss there with his Dad. Interesting. May have to strike up a gun conversation with him this week.

Back
Top Bottom